• 14 - A •

|A MONTH LATER |

It had been a month since Arya entered Aryan's world, and their routine had settled into something surprisingly ordinary. They had breakfast together, and Arya would chatter away, sharing her thoughts and stories while Aryan mostly listened, occasionally offering a few words.

In the evenings, Arya made coffee for Aryan, a gesture that had become a regular part of their routine. She had also become quite friendly with both Utkarsh and Aditi. Initially, Aditi had her doubts about Arya's motives, but over time, she too had warmed up to her.

Arya, however, couldn't resist asking Aryan about his love life. She'd bring up the topic of relationships from time to time, much to Aryan's annoyance. He would often leave abruptly, clearly not interested in discussing that part of his life.

****

Today is the weekend, and Aryan decided not to go to the office; he's working from home. As usual, he's set up in the living room. After sharing a house with Arya for a month, he's developed a unique connection with her, often finding solace in her nonsense talk. However, today, there's an unusual silence in the air.

ARYAN POV:

I can't shake this unsettling feeling as I realize she hasn't shown her face all day, even skipping out on food she usually can't resist. "Probably lost in some book," I grumble to myself, trying to brush off the growing concern. But as time ticks on, an unfamiliar pang of worry creeps in. "What if something's wrong?"

Pushing aside my reservations, I stride towards her room and knock, my usually stoic demeanor faltering. Silence. "Arya, you in there?" I ask, my voice revealing a hint of concern I rarely show. With no response, I push the door open, and there she is, unconscious on the floor.

Without a second thought, I lift her and move her to a more comfortable setting. I make the call to the doctor and Utkarsh, all the while maintaining a cold exterior, though inside, I'm a mess of conflicting emotions.

While waiting for the doctor, I noticed her feverish state and rushed to fetch some water and a towel. As I place the damp cloth on her forehead, I catch myself murmuring, "Come on, Arya, don't do this."

Just when my patience wears thin, Utkarsh bursts in with the doctor, who quickly assures me she'll be fine. As I hear the doctor's words, "Don't worry, Mr. Roy. She just fainted due to weakness. She's on her period, and she's quite skinny, so it's not uncommon for her to fall ill like this. I'll prescribe some medicine, and she'll be alright."
a wave of relief washes over me, though I'd never admit it out loud.

"Thanks, doctor" I mumble gruffly, nodding my acknowledgment. As Utkarsh goes to get the medicine, I find myself gripping Arya's hand a bit tighter, realizing that somewhere along the line, my feelings toward her have started to shift. But for now, all that matters is that she's alright.