• 39 •

|NEXT MORNING AT ARYAN'S OFFICE|

he walked in with a determined expression. Aditi and Utkarsh were already there, waiting for him.

Aryan addressed himself, thinking deeply, "I need to dig deeper into this. Find out who's behind all these illegal activities and why they used my father's name."

Soon, Mr. Shekhawat entered his office, and Aryan stood to greet him. They exchanged pleasantries before getting down to business.

Mr. Shekhawat said, "Mr. Roy, you called me here urgently. What's the matter? Is everything alright?"

Aryan replied, "Mr. Shekhawat, I have bad news for you."

Mr. Shekhawat exclaimed, "Bad news?"

Aryan continued, "Yes, we might lose this case. Sorry, I couldn't help you any more."

Aryan began to explain, "Mr. Shekhawat, I've been investigating the recent events, including the losses in your company and the illegal activities that seem to be linked to it. It appears that someone has been using your company's name to carry out these activities."

Mr. Shekhawat looked concerned, "I had no idea about any of this, Mr. Roy. My company has always been involved in legitimate business."

Aryan nodded, "That's what I want to believe too, but there's a complex network of illegal operations using your company's cover. We need to find out who's behind this and why they are using your name."

Mr. Shekhawat replied, "I assure you, Mr. Roy, I have no involvement in any illegal activities. I want to get to the bottom of this as much as you do."

Aryan continued, "I believe there's a deeper connection between these cases, and we need your cooperation to uncover it. We've started investigating the financial transactions and connections, but we may need more information from you, and I can't guarantee the chances of winning this case."

Mr. Shekhawat nodded, "Of course, Mr. Roy. I'll provide you with any information and assistance you need to get to the bottom of this. My company's reputation is at stake."

After Mr. Shekhawat left the office, Aryan turned to Aditi and said, "Aditi, did you notice how Mr. Shekhawat seemed strangely excited about the bad news I delivered?"

Aditi furrowed her brows in thought and replied, "Yes, Mr. Roy, it did strike me as odd. Most people would be concerned or worried in such a situation, but he appeared almost eager for the news."

Aryan nodded, his suspicions growing. "Exactly, Aditi. It's as if he knew something more about these illegal activities than he's letting on. We need to dig deeper into his involvement in all of this. Something doesn't add up."

Aditi agreed, "I'll start looking into Mr. Shekhawat's financial records and any connections he might have to these illegal operations. We might uncover something significant."

Later, Aryan left his office early in the noon for his home, and as he drove his car, he couldn't help but smile.

***
ARYAN POV :

It's been 4 months since our marriage, but I can't help but smile. Four months ago, it was just a contract marriage, but now it's more than that. I don't know when Arya became a part of my life, a part I can't imagine living without. I can't help but feel excited today; I'm going to propose to her, taking out the diamond ring from my pocket. Yes, I am finally going to tell her my feelings for her. 

She has become more than a special person to me. "I think I'm in love with her."

Every time I see her, my heart starts beating like crazy. Her innocence, and soon, we'll have our child. Her support last night, when I was vulnerable, saying, "I'm proud of you," I didn't imagine I would have someone to open up to like that. She's a mature person when it's required, and but I can't help but think. why I feel like I've heard the very same words before, "I'm proud of you."