• 41 •

ARYAN SAT AT THE BAR his expression heavy with despair. He was drinking heavily, taking big shots one after another. The weight of his recent actions and decisions had taken a toll on him.

As he sat there lost in his thoughts, Tiara entered the bar. She approached him, her movements seductive as she placed her hand on his. Her voice had a sultry tone as she asked, "Why are you drinking all alone here, Mr. Roy? It makes me sad to see you like this."

Aryan removed her hand abruptly, his face stern. "Leave me alone for today, Tiara. Let's do this tomorrow."

Tiara, undeterred, leaned in closer, her words dripping with suggestive intent. "You know, I'm not wearing panties today," she whispered, sitting provocatively on his lap.

Aryan's patience reached its breaking point. In a fit of frustration, he smashed his glass in his hand, the shards cutting into his palm. He barked, "I said I want to be alone."

Fear flashed in Tiara's eyes as she quickly got up from his lap and made her way out of the bar, her heels clacking on the floor. Aryan remained seated, downing another drink, his gaze distant and troubled, lost in his own turmoil.

***
ARYAN POV:

"Her condition is serious, Mr. Aryan. Please don't stress her out. She is two months pregnant, and as I've mentioned before, her body is quite skinny to handle pregnancy. She can't handle any other emotional trauma. Please never repeat the same mistake again. It could make things worse." doctor's words kept haunting my mind even alcohol is not helping. 

I should have felt triumphant, shouldn't I? After all, I had succeeded in hurting Arya, leaving her in such a vulnerable state. It was precisely what I had wanted—to make her feel the pain and the betrayal that had consumed me. But instead, an overwhelming sense of emptiness and guilt engulfed me.

Why wasn't I reveling in my victory? Why did I feel hurt when I should have been the one inflicting pain? I couldn't find answers to these questions. The weight of my actions began to weigh heavily on me, as if the tables had turned and I was now the one suffering. It was as if I had lost a part of myself in the process, leaving me with a hollow feeling that no amount of revenge could fill.

With a sudden burst of frustration, I smashed the glass in my hand. The pain in my hand from the broken glass went unnoticed as I continued to drink, trying to drown out the confusion and turmoil within me. mirroring the chaos in my mind. 

"I'm proud of you." Arya's words haunted me, and they only added to my inner torment.

There was a woman sitting nearby, tears streaming down her face, and I couldn't help but wonder why. Was it because of me, or was it just a reflection of my own inner turmoil?

I decided to leave the bar, needing to escape the tormenting thoughts and emotions. I headed home, knowing that Arya must be in the other room, and I had no desire to face her. Keeping my distance seemed like the only option for now.

|TWO WEEKS LATER|

Two weeks had passed since that fateful day in the hospital.The tension between Arya and Aryan had only grown, like an invisible wall separating them. Today, Arya received a call from Aryan, summoning her to his office.

She entered the room, her emotions a mix of apprehension and resignation. Aryan wasted no time and handed her a document. Arya glanced down at the paper, her heart sinking as she realized what it was.

"It's divorce papers. Sign it." he instructed, his voice cold and detached.

Arya took the papers, her hands trembling slightly as she read through the contents. The finality of it all weighed heavily on her. She looked up at Aryan, her eyes pleading, but he remained resolute.

"Let's finish this. I don't want to have any type of relation with you," he declared, standing up and adjusting his suit.

Arya nodded, a tear escaping her eye as she signed the divorce papers. She had never imagined it would come to this, the end of their relationship. Aryan took the signed papers from her and handed her another set.

"I've signed mine. You should too and return it as soon as possible. And please, don't try to play any tricks this time," he said, his tone unyielding. With that, he left the room, leaving Arya alone to grapple with the weight of their broken bond.

***

THE NEXT MORNING

At the office of Aryan, a sense of unease hung in the air. Utkarsh and Aditi were in Aditi's cabin, discussing the recent changes in their boss's behavior.

"Aditi, don't you think the boss is neglecting the case these days? He seems somewhat depressed. What could be the reason?" Utkarsh asked, his brows furrowed.

Aditi nodded in agreement. "You're right. I asked him to take further action, but he said he's not interested. Also, these days, Mr. Roy is canceling all his appointments and spending most of his time at bars, drinking and he's hanging out with that bitch tiara. whom he didn't like at all."

As they discussed their concerns, Arya walked toward Aryan's office. Aditi tried to stop her, saying, "Wait, Mrs. Roy, you can't go inside. Mr. Roy said not to let anyone in." But Arya ignored her and entered the office without hesitation.

Aryan, who had been gazing out of the window lost in thought, looked up with anger in his eyes. Aditi explained, "Mr. Roy, I tried to stop her, but she didn't listen to me."

Arya, standing in front of Aryan, took a deep breath, her eyes filled with a mixture of determination and sadness. Without saying a word, she threw a paper on the table and declared, "I signed it. Now you are free." 

Aryan took the divorce paper and examined it, realizing that she had indeed signed it. He gazed at Arya, who was struggling to hold back her tears. She continued, her voice quivering, " Enjoy your freedom And yes, I'm leaving your house tonight. You can bring any girl into your home without thinking of me."

Arya tried to hold back her tears, but they welled up in her eyes and spilled over. With a simple, painful smile, she said, "Goodbye, Mr. Roy." With those words, Arya turned and walked out of the office, leaving Aditi and Utkarsh in a state of shock, trying to make sense of what had just transpired.