• 46 •

"It's the location, showing here," Aryan murmured to himself as he glanced at the coordinates on his phone. He stepped out of the car, and Utkarsh followed suit from the other vehicle.

"It's indicating this location, Utkarsh," Aryan confirmed as he checked his phone again to be sure.

"Let's go inside, boss," Utkarsh replied, matching Aryan's determination.

But before they could proceed, Aryan raised his hand, signaling Utkarsh to halt. He turned to his trusted ally and whispered, "Wait, there are guards here."

They both took cover behind what appeared to be a large container, observing the situation ahead.

"How many guards?" Aryan asked, keeping his voice low.

"Five, boss, all armed," Utkarsh reported as he discreetly peeked at the entrance.

Aryan contemplated their options. "Do you think we can take them out quietly?" he inquired, making eye contact with Utkarsh.

Utkarsh nodded in agreement. They exchanged a determined glance and moved in unison towards the entrance.

"Silencers," Aryan requested, and Utkarsh handed him a silencer, each attaching one to their weapons.

With a nod, they synchronized their movements, simultaneously firing silenced shots. Two guards fell, their bodies hitting the ground without a sound.

They gestured to each other and advanced further. Aryan swiftly covered one guard's mouth, delivering a knockout blow, while Utkarsh incapacitated another with a blow to the head and a follow-up kick to the stomach.

A fifth guard, alerted by the commotion, turned his attention toward them. Utkarsh quickly muffled his mouth, and Aryan swiftly incapacitated him.

"Clear," Aryan confirmed, looking at Utkarsh.

"Yes, boss," Utkarsh concurred.

Aryan then relayed his plan to Utkarsh. "I'll enter the building. If I haven't returned in hour, come in as quietly as possible. Also, call Aditi. Ask her about her location."

Utkarsh dialed Aditi's number, and she answered, "Hello?"

"Where are you?" Utkarsh inquired, scanning their surroundings.

"I followed Aryan's instructions and distanced myself as he suggested," Aditi replied.

Aryan gestured to Utkarsh, indicating that he wanted to speak to Aditi. Utkarsh handed him the phone.

"Hello, Aditi," Aryan greeted her.

"I've sent you the link; please open it on your laptop. And please tell the police to wait patiently. Today is going to be an interesting day for them as well," Aryan informed her.

"Okay," Aditi replied.

As Aryan prepared to enter the building, Utkarsh stopped him, said " boss, we must strategize. We can't reveal the fact that you and Mrs. Roy have been acting, and they must remain unaware of how we located this place. We must keep our cards hidden until they confess to their true crimes."

Aryan nodded, recognizing the wisdom in Utkarsh's words. "You're right. I'll play my part. Here goes." With resolve in his step, Aryan moved towards the foreboding entrance of the abandoned building.

***

Inside the building, the atmosphere was tense, with Arya in distress.