• 20 •

ARYAN POV:

She hesitated for a moment before blurting out, "Aryan, I know you love me. Let's be a real couple"

I couldn't believe my ears. Had she lost her mind? Love? Her and me? I couldn't fathom it.

"Are you out of your mind?" I snapped, raising my voice.

She leaned in and kissed me again, but this time, it was too much. I tried to pull away, my frustration growing. That's when I heard something fall and turned to see Arya standing there, looking stunned and her eyes filled with tears. She ran outside.

It was Tiara, the girl I knew too well. She must have done it on purpose. I forcefully removed her, anger boiling inside me. "From now on, I never want to see you anywhere near me. Otherwise, you'll end up behind bars."

"But, Aryan," she protested, but I left to find Arya.

"Little miss, Arya!" I shouted as I searched for her everywhere. I finally spotted her, a small figure, crying.

Walking toward her, I called out, "Little miss." She looked up, her eyes filled with tears, but she wiped them away when she heard her name.

She got up and tried to act normal, saying, "I know I'm being a burden on you. I'll leave your house soon." Despite trying to act normal, tears still flowed from her eyes. "I'm sorry; I realize I'm invading your personal space."

Seeing her in this state, a heavy weight settled in my heart. She was not a burden; I enjoyed her company, though I didn't say it.

"No, little miss, it's not like what you saw," I tried to explain, realizing that she had misunderstood the situation. But she continued to hiccup through her tears, saying, "You don't need to explain to me." I insisted once more, "Stop, Arya." but it seemed she couldn't stop herself.

She continued, "I'm nobody to you. Someone who..." Her words seemed endless, and I couldn't take it anymore. I cut her off sharply, saying, "Shut up." Without giving it a second thought, I leaned in and kissed her.

This kiss was different from the previous one, soft and filled with a different meaning. She looked shocked at first but then tried to kiss me back, abruptly failing. "Oh, little miss, what do I do with you?" I thought, smiling as she pulled away, her cheeks flushed with a light shade of red.

After the kiss, she started talking again, blurting out that I had stolen her first kiss. I was going to explain the situation, but then she said something that caught me off guard—she had never kissed anyone before. My mind interjected with a sarcastic thought, 'Well, looks like it with her miserable attempt,' but I quickly shut it down.

She was so innocent, and I couldn't understand why I had kissed her. Why had it stirred something within me, something I couldn't quite define when I saw the tears in her eyes?

"God, what's happening to me? She is so incredibly cute and innocent that I can't even fathom having any impure thoughts about her. It makes me feel like I'm the embodiment of evil. If this is how I feel, then I must be sick, but I find her lovely. However, she is the first person I have ever not wanted in an unholy way. Over my bed, she radiates an aura of purity that makes me question my own intentions and desires. It's as if she has the power to cleanse my thoughts and bring out the best in me. Yet, I can't help but wonder if this internal struggle is a sign of deeper conflict within myself."

The ringing of the phone in the background abruptly pulled me out of my thoughts, and back to the real world around me.

***