7: A rude awakening

The sun didn't burst through the mouldy windows of the room. Instead it shone but only as a sort of dimmed beam of light, rather then the strong beam of light Ana was used to. It didn't light up the room but the still burning candles did as the foggy windows failed massively. It wouldn't have mattered because on that particular day the sun was dimmed by the clouds and the rain outside. It poured heavily as Ana opened her eyes to the unfamiliar sight of the dorm room. She hadn't actually had time to take it in. The walls were a grey cobblestone that was uneven and cracked. Moss grew in between a few cracks where as other cracks in the walls just led to other rooms pr the hallway. There was a dark wooden flooring that covered the room. There were dents and cracks in that too. It was clear the place didn't have much funding towards the Evil school.

The curtains draped sadly over the windows. Their red colour had faded over the years as rips, burn marks and more mould covered the poor thing. There were no rugs or insulation for that matter, making the rooms impossibly cold in the winter. They might as well just be outside. Each student had their own desk as they were the other side of the room. The desks were equipped with a mirror, three draws on the right side and wooden compartments before the mirror. Which possibly could be for makeup or pens and pencils.

Ana laid uncomfortable in her new bed and practically was falling off the bed as there was no room to fit comfortably. Ana was about to doze off for a couple minutes more sleep but Lady Lesso's voice screamed from somewhere above "Wake up despicables!"

Ana suddenly jerked up hitting her funny bone on the fallen beams. For fucks sake she thought as she looked at the other girls in the room. Chris, or well Christina, shot up right as her bandanna covered only one eye. Her hair was matted and messy. You see Ana would usually laugh but the traumatic events of last night made her rethink that. Hazel simply woke up looking like a hot princess. Ana was actually jealous. She was perfect, no matter how she felt her hair seemed to be still silky smooth and her skin, perfect.

Why? Actually why? Ana thought to herself as she looked for Raven. Although the girl seemed to be shy she had actually taken up sleeping upside down from the ceiling. Totally not a way to attract attention. This was because her dragon, Adam, preferred it up there so Raven simple adapted. How strange... Ana thought to herself as she wondered if that was comfy hanging from the wooden frames of the school.

Ana sat up right, still rubbing her funny bone better. It wasn't long before she pushed herself up and walked towards the mirror to look at herself. As she did she examined her teeth, hair and finally her skin. Yet she discovered a horrific sight, a travesty! She had a big red spot on the top of her forehead just to the right of the centre.

"No!" She whined as she picked at it "Not on my first day!"

Suddenly, there was a loud bang at the door. Chris opened it tiredly, rubbing her eyes and as she opened them she was met with two of the wild guards carrying our stuff in large suitcases. They did nothing but growl as they walked into our room and, literally, dumped out bags in the middle of the floor. Then left.

"Charming," Chris said sarcastically as she slammed the door. She dug out her suitcase from the pile and tugged it towards her side of the room. Hazel grabbed all 5 of her bags and didn't even break sweat doing so. Raven was still asleep upside down so her purple leather suitcase stayed placed in the middle of the room. Ana's stuff was there too yet all the gowns she had brought for the balls and events would be useless. All but a few pieces of clothing would be useful to the girl. Ana dragged her two suitcases across the room to her bed.

"Raven!" Hazel raised her voice which frightened the girl on the ceiling. So much so she fell down to the floor and landed on her back. "Hurry up or we'll be late for breakfast,"