8: Lesso's classroom

Lesso's classroom. Not scary at all. It wasn't high up in a tower with cobblestone walls and big glass windows. The classroom was made of ice which made it fucking freezing. The floor, the walls, the ceiling just covered head to toe in ice. Icicles hung off the desks from how cold it was and where the cold had built up. A normal person reading that would say it's not a scary classroom, dear reader you'd be very wrong. Children, wolf guards, fairies and all sorts covered the walls as they were frozen in place. Some still blinked at the children sitting in class, only to remind them of their possible fate if they crossed Lady Lesso.

Not only that but the classroom was the closest to the deans doom room. Hearing children below screaming in immense pain. Some never returned from such places but that was the point really. It was meant to toughen you up after you'd done something wrong or slightly annoying. Any student who was yet to know the doom room would be left guessing till they were there. No student who entered that room ever talked about their experiences. No students repeated what they'd seen as it was too traumatic to think about.

Ana took her labelled seat in the middle row of the class just to the left of the class. The room was a circular shape so the desks were placed in a semi circle in three rows of 9-10. She sat at her seat while Jay followed her to his seat just behind her. Shortly after they took their seats Chris walked into the classroom with Raven not far behind. Chris sat on the other side of the class and Raven sat in the front just off centre. Lesso sat at her desk writing something down and looking already done with this class. The chatter was loud and seemed uncontrollable.

"What do you think she'll do?" Jay tapped Ana as she turned around

"I don't know," Ana shrugged "Her lesson? It's curses and death traps so probably something to do magic and mechanics?"

Jay laughed "mechanics? Not a chance,"

"What's so funny?" Lesso asked towards Jay. She was now standing to the side of her desk. She leaned against the side closest to Ana and Jay. The pair hadn't noticed but the room had gone silent. "So? We are waiting, are we not?"

"Nothing," Jay smiled weakly and then lowered his head. Ana simply stayed put, too terrified to even move.

"Listen well. Do not waste my time. I am here to teach you to be powerful undefeatable villains not jesters," Lesso said eyeing up Jay with with a sour look on her face. If that didn't push Lesso's buttons she was about to get very pissed as a student walked in late. The girl had ratty black hair, a single eye and a tanned complexion. The girl gingerly walked in and was horrified to find... she was late. Lesso sighed before asking "what is your name?"

"Morana," the girl seemed to finally piece together.

Lesso seemed to smile warmly as the students around the room got very confused. "Morana, it's ok. It happens," she walked in front of her desk and smiled. She walked forward and put her cold hands on the girls shoulders. "Just don't let it happen again, ok?" She still smiled warmly at the girl and said all of this in a comforting tone.

"Yes of course, Lesso," the girl quickly replied as if she was being held at knife point. Lesso simply put an arm around the girl and guided her to the front of the class. She left her in the middle of the icy floor as she gripped her books. Lesso turned to go back to her desk as she walked the girl asked again "Erm what am I doing exactly,"

"Well as you are late it's only fair you participate in my first demonstration. Just stay exactly where you are," Lesso said walking back to her desk. As she went round the corner she grabbed her walking stick, which was set on the side of the desk. She got behind her desk and something clicked but no one could figure out what. "The first lesson I wish to teach you all is-," Suddenly the dean pulled a lever and the girl went through a hole in the floor. The girl screamed bloody murder as she fell down the endless black tunnel. Lesso's face instantly dropped back into the cold facial expression she once had. "My name is Lady Lesso. Nothing else. Lesso is unacceptable. I am your superior and you will respect me and my title," the cracked the lever again and the trapped door closed "Secondly," she said loud enough to scare everyone in the room "if you are late to my class that will be your fate and if you do not show up your punishment will become more severe,"