21: Only The Best And The Bravest

Two weeks had passed since our dear Ana had set foot in the school for evil. Two weeks of nonstop classes of villainy which seemed to be getting harder as the welcome period wore off. Ana did not believe for a second that she would be transferred to the other school. As sad as the fact was Ana had grown to accept it and had actually started studying every night and working hard to fit it. Yet what Ana lacked was the mind of a Never, she knew she had it otherwise she wouldn't be there. As the days flew by she was actually getting into a routine.

Girls like Hazel began to envy her as her princess like beauty grew with the endless night routines. Ones of which she did at home casually to help her relax. It went from masks made of mud and clay she had collected from the gardens to ice she used to soothe her face, of which she chipped off of the walls and desks from Lady Lesso's classroom. Watching girls like that look at her with pure jealousy. Including her new bestie, Sophie. I am only joking dear reader the day they stop fighting is the day I get a break. It was odd however as the school had now dubbed her the new Sophie even though the girls still despised each other.

Along with that she got a very new uniform gifted from an unknown person. Ana didn't want to ask questions as it would both freak her out. She decided it was only right that if she wanted to work on her powers that she would take the jacket off, given what happened last time.

Lady Lesso on the other hand visibly seemed off to all. She seemed to be less strict, more lenient. Every student in the school built their own theories as to why the dean of evil was all of a sudden... nice? Yet they didn't know that she mourned the missing presents of her lover. Dovey spent all of her time in her office since that one night. She never came down to eat or host any form of assembly, leaving Lesso to pull her weight. Lesso did wait of course, plating meals up for her coworker that would sit next to her and would always be left untouched. It was only yesterday that something shifted in the Dean as she exited the dining hall within the first 2 minutes of dinner. The thought of Dovey not coming down or even simply speaking to her broke her head into a million pieces. Pieces of which no one may ever be able to unscramble. She felt as if she was mourning a death. Well she was. The death of her coworker, her friend, her lover... it was then she decided this would no longer get in the way of her life.

It was that night she marked the papers, the papers of which were currently being handed out to the class that next morning.

"How could you possibly have all failed!?" Lesso demanded in front of the class.

"Maybe if princess sparkle decided to pay attention once in a while we'd have our text books to study from," Chris answered from the other side of the room. Chris and Ana had never gotten on and through the past week they hated each other. Snarky comments were thrown back and forth. A certain pirate did attack the princess in question but Ana decided to avoid her after that.

"The textbooks have nothing to do with this, Christina," The Dean said not even looking at her and circling back to her desk. "You all should have listened to what I had explained and taken mental notes. Hero's work in teams, use the same hideout and can use anything as an ambush. You always need to be on the look out,"

Ana stared at Lesso trying not to look at Chris directly in her one working eye. Ana still sat up straight as she straightened her pencils on her desk. She looked back up to realise Lady Lesso had circled back around her desk and she hadn't had her paper back.

"Excuse me," Ana said raising her hand to get the deans attention.

"Yes Anastasia," She huffed already having enough of the class. Even though she had only spent 20 minutes with. To be fair I don't blame her.

"I do not seem to have my paper," Ana said as her hand began to lower.

"Ah," Lesso's voice sounded as a smug grin appeared on her face "You Nevers need to up your game. You're currently being beaten by a princess," She showcased the test to the class. It was in fact to show the class that Ana had in fact gotten 76% while everyone else sat at a comfortable 10%, or lower. The whole class groaned and gasped at the princesses achievement. Ana couldn't believe it as Lesso placed the paper on her table "I will not congratulate you," she whispered in a sour tone for no one but them to hear. She then walked back over to her desk and sat. "Now for the show of your progressed Talents. Jade please come to the front and demonstrate your progressed talent,"