30: The Ceremony

"Yeh and she said I had a nemesis dream. Saying I could redeem evil. How cool is that!" Ana whispered to Jay who's jaw hadn't left the floor. They walked to the hall for the ceremony practically shoulder to shoulder. So Ana prayed no one heard "She told me not to say anything so-"

"Oh my mouth is shut but holy shit! Girl so that's what happened to your hands," Jay started before Ana silenced him with an elbow to the side "Ow!"

"Shush! Do you want the whole school to know?"  Ana exclaimed as they all started to emerge from the grand doors into the celebratory hall. "Besides have you heard the rumours?" 

"Yes and they are ridiculous. No one can rig the trials ranks," Jay said with a chuckle "Do you really think they will do it?" 

Ana paused as they walked to their seats before answering "Truthfully... No," She laughed as she looked upon the ridiculous students filing in "Have you seen them? They are all useless, idiots in fact," 

"Indeed they are," Jay laughed before they sat in the front row, as all the other seats were taken. No one wanted to face the deans wrath today as they were as bad as each other this year. Ana turned to the stage before them and looked upon the two deans in their thrones. Neither staring at each other and both looking... well... depressing really. 

It wasn't long before the Evers could be seen as the sea of Nevers cleared. Ana scanned the benches for one person. Scanning for the bright ginger hair. She searched and searched but nothing came of it. Maybe he was late Ana thought. Like clockwork, speak of the devil and he shall appear. The bright ginger hair quickly shot through the Evers doors and went to sit down at the back of the hall. Gregor! The feeling of relief swirled through her body and she let a breath, of which she was holding in, go. Ana rushed to the back of the hall to greet her brother.

"Gregor!" She exclaimed rushing over to her brother and bombarding him with a hug the first opportunity she got. As he got up she embraced him with a hug. 

"Ana," Gregor said as the air was pushed out of him as Ana ran into him. "How have you been?" 

"That's definitely a hard on to answer. I bet that's the same for you," 

"Yes yes it is indeed," He chuckled and as he did Ana's eyes wandered to the ranking on his shirt. No. 400. He is the lowest ranked in the school. "I can see a lot has changed. Your voice, your hair. Did you dye it? Or charm it?"

Ana forgot her hair had turned at least 3-4 shades darker then how it used to be. Her straw coloured hair was no more as a light chestnut brown covered her whole head of hair. "Yes I used a charm," She lied as she tossed her hair to the front to show him "Do you like it, brother?" 

"It's definitely a change," He said brushing his hair from his forehead revealing a large bruise "Maybe even I can do with a change," 

"What happened to your head?" Ana asked worryingly

"Oh I lost a duel to Tedros. He swung a wooden plank at my head," He smiled as Ana could hear the group of boys starting to laugh at him "I am well, sister. I was only out for...  3 hours maybe," 

"3 hours. That boy is lucky I don't burn him alive," Ana said loud enough that the groups laughter stopped immediately. "You know what," Ana felt that same anger she did in Yuba's lesson. The rage as hot as fire and it filled her heart then slowly progressed through her body. Like an electrical fire, exploding suddenly and nearly impossible to get a grip of once it starts. "Tedros! I swear you lay one more hand on my brother I will burn you alive. Are you having a toddler temper tantrum again because you could not have my hand? So you take it out on my brother, well," Ana's hands started to product flames as she advanced towards him. "You are just a spoilt fucking brat," It was then Ana produced a large fireball and projected it at the group. It exploded and set the benches and walls alight. The Evers ran screaming from the burning of the hall.