9: Lesso's Classroom Pt 2

The black abyss that Ana had drifted into was peaceful. Calming. That was disturbed as Ana's came to and when her senses came back she could hear the loud chatter among the class. Her hands twitched as she came back. Slowly all her lumps started to soften up and they were able to move again. She ached from everywhere as she moved. Her limbs may have softened but they were still tense at the joints. It was then she heard the chatter quieten down.

"Look! The Ever is Awake!" Said a unfamiliar voice. Ana blinked open her eyes slowly as her eyes adjusted to the light room. The chatter went quiet as they all watched the girl on the iced floor. Well now partially melted floor...

The girl moved on the floor and brought her hands closer to her. The felt like they were red, hot and blistered. She tried to bring them close to her chest but the fabric stung them. As the sudden pain kicked in her eyes burst open only to see the damage. Her eyes laid upon the melted flooring of Lesso's classroom. There were cracks where the zombie had punched and massive holes where her hands had burned through some of the flooring. She looked around at some terrified faces, other impressed faces but mainly jealous faces. Ana didn't see Lesso's face as the class went quiet to see Ana had woken up. Ana sat up properly and adjusted her hair, as she pushed it to the side. Her hands burned. Now how they just did but they stung as she touched her hair and uniform.

Ana's eyes fell down to her hands that rested on her uniform that still stung. My hands. What happened to my hands? Ana thought as she looked at her once perfect hands and they were now melted. Burned and blistered from her powers. Her eyes began to water as she saw her once perfect hands had been burnt to a crisp.

"Bravo!" Lesso said with a smirk now standing from her desk "For an Ever I didn't think you had it in you,"

"MY HANDS!" Ana screamed as she held her hands up to Lesso to show the women the damage. Although Lesso didn't much care. She looked at the girl with a sudden coldness.

"That's what happens to Nevers, princess," She said moving towards the front of the class, not even bothering to bend down to the girls level. "We suffer the consequences to the extreme, my dear. Now, sit down!"

"What about my hands? What are you going to do about them?" Ana angrily yelled still sat on the floor. The cold women didn't speak another word to the girl. This made the girl more determined to ask Lesso at the end of class what she planned. She would answer her question if it was the last thing she'll do.

Lesso continued with her lesson after fixing the floor with some sort of powers, Ana to this day is unsure of what that really was. Throughout the rest of the class Ana spaced out. Thinking more and more about the blisters on her hands. Every time she had another thought she touched her blister and it still stung like last time. Oh and it wasn't just a small blister on her hand. Both her hands were covered in the burns. The ranged all the way from her fingers to half way up her forearm. Her uniform was burned. Sleeves ruined. As the clock hit 10 o'clock the wolves howled to signal the end of the first class. It was then Lady Lesso wrapped up her lesson.

"Right and your exit ticket depends on one student to explain to me what I just went through," Lady Lesso said as everyone complained as she cleaned off the black board full of chalk. The students continued to complain but when Lesso shot a look at them all, like she'd shot daggers at them all, and they all went silent. Lesso scanned the class and looked through all of her students. She then laid eyes on the girl who hadn't looked up from her hands for the past 45 minutes "Anastasia, can you explain chapter 5 again for the class,"

Everyone turned to Ana, who had been daydreaming for the past however long. She quickly opened her book before Lady Lesso boomed "Without the book girl!"

The girl jumped at the comment. She looked at the black boards but they were all cleaned off which was no help. Ana looked around helpless. Jay attempted to help but was yelled at by Lesso. Finally, Anastasia gave up.

"I don't know," she muttered returning her posture to what it was as she daydreamed.

"How can you not know? I just spent 45 minutes explaining it," Lesso asked leaning on her cane and had one hand on her hip. She waited for Ana's answer but Ana had nothing. She was left speechless by the women. "Shame..." The dean said with genuine dissatisfaction but it was then her eyes lit up " Now because of Miss. Charming's incapability to listen there will be a quiz next lesson to go over chapter 5," Suddenly, the textbooks in front of them disappeared. "I hope you all paid attention. Now leave my sight," Lesso finished and sat at her desk and continued to mark work.

Every student got up and practically ran out of the classroom. Not Ana she slowly stood and stayed till it was just her and the Dean in the room. The door slammed and the room was empty.

"Excuse me, Less- Lady Lesso," Ana started

"I don't do extra credit. If you fail in my class that's your fault, Charming," She uttered without looking up at the girl.

"That's not what I wanted to ask," Ana said in an annoyed tone.

"Well," Lesso said matching the girls energy and looking up "What do you want, Miss. Charming?"

"Did you know? About me?" Ana said straight away without any hesitation while putting her hands in her pockets. She was absolutely nervous about talking to Lesso. Who wouldn't be?

"What are you talking of?" Lady Lesso responded done with Ana's shenanigans.

"Me being a Never? Did you know when you visited me during the summer break? Is that why you came?" Ana asked almost interrogating the women. The women sat there dumbfounded. How dare a student question her own choices.

"What does it matter to you?" Lesso replied getting back to her work as she dipped her quill into more ink. She began to scribble in red writing on a students work WRONG! Do it again

"You both gave me false hope and that's probably why you came. To seek out your new student and see what I was capable of. To do so you had to go with Dovey and by your face during the assembly you cannot stand the women-," Ana began but was cut off

"Anastasia!" Lady Lesso boomed as she stood up from her desk "you have no right to question your Dean's choices and authority. Now go away before you end up in the floor like... like- oh I don't remember her name," Lesso waved her hand as if the student didn't mean anything and looked back at the girl.

Ana stood there shocked. She didn't get the answer she wanted or thought she deserved. She scrunched up her face in anger "We are not finished with this conversation yet," she said slamming her hands against the deans desk and looking back bravely at the teacher stood before her

"Well I am and don't you dare challenge me, girl," Lesso spoke coldly to the girl not breaking eye contact.

"Fuck you!" She screamed striding to get out of the room. Luckily the girl escaped all of Lesso's traps, as there were many of them laid in the classroom. Maybe Lesso let her get away with it because she was new or she pitted the girl. We would never know for sure.

Ana stormed out of the room ready to scatter the halls attempting to remember her way around. Yet Jay waited for her outside.

"What was that about?" He asked "Holy shit I didn't realise your burn was that bad!"

"I don't wanna talk about it," Ana answered knowing this teacher was not what she had in mind. They may have shared the same interests but this was ridiculous. First she send a girl through the floor. Second she sent zombies after her in an attempt to fish out her powers. Third she made a fool of Ana in front of the class. Finally, she wouldn't tell her if she knew before hand. Ana felt entitled to know exactly what Lesso wouldn't give to her. She was so done. "I need food,"