22: Whats Your Talent, My Dear?

As students filed into their next classes. Some had been told the news of the trials by teachers others had heard it through fast spreading gossip. It wasn't long, in fact it took the duration of lunch and another lesson, till everyone knew of the Trail of Tales. This now meant leaving no room for error and in a room full of villains each one wanted to be the best in the worst way possible.

"By now you will have all heard about the Trail of Tales and will be aware of the new grading system. As I can see last lesson had quite the effect on each of your rankings," Spoke their professor. She wore a sleek black and red dress that came all the way down to her feet. Even with the heeled boots she was wearing it still pooled at her feet. Her makeup was to perfection, each wing and dot were symmetrical which was beautiful in comparison to the rest of her face. Her skin was a dark chocolate colour but what made it a mess were how her cheeks were filled with decayed, rotten and cracked skin. Yet what Ana found strange was how her professors head was completely bald. Strange only to a princess who viewed all girls and women to have hair. Yet her deep burgundy lip matched her makeup completely and the shade of red on her gown. Professor Sheeks was her name, the professor of special talents. She looked down at all the ranks displayed on the students uniform, a part of the grading system Lady Lesso refused to mention.

Ana attempted to cover her 165th mark on her right breast. It was placed right above the schools logo of a black swan.

"Now in preparation for the trials you need to learn to fight each other," Sheeks explained and unlike all the other teacher was very unenthusiastic. She didn't seem to care much as to what happened to the children, getting paid was the only motivation here. "To do so I have your rankings here and I have put you all into partners. You will come up to the front and we will see what happened, I guess,"

The professor shrugged as the class started to compare numbers. Chris, who was sat next to Ana, bragged about her 15th place ranking. 15th in the whole school! How was Ana going to compare to that? She sat there with her head on the desk before Jay tapped her on the shoulder. She turned to her right to see him.

"Don't worry too much. You can't be worse then me," Jay said showing off his mark showing he was 164th.

"Are you serious?" Ana exclaimed while showing her ranking to Jay. "How are you one higher?"

"At least you're not in the 200's," Jay shrugged trying to stay positive.

"Alright shut up now," Sheeks said as she turned back to her "the first pairing I want Jay at 164 and Jade at 198,"

Jays head snapped back to the Professor in fear. The girl that just blew up Lady Lesso's classroom was his combat partner. Fuck! Jay got up from his chair slowly and approached the middle of the room. The classroom set out was much like Lady Lesso's, minus the ice and trapdoors. It had a circular lay out, as it was in a tower, and the cobblestoned walls and floors were bare as anything. Only a ragged old red and gold carpet was in the middle and a chalk board begin Professor Sheeks desk, of which she was sat at.

Jay stood up and made his way into the middle of the circle. Jade on the other hand walked into the circle but showcased her new scraps and bruises, probably from the trapped door fall. Yet the girl seemed to walk into the circle cocky as always. She smirked at the cowering boy who entered the circle. Many cheered for Jade and you could only hear Chris cheer for Jay. Cheering is generous she was more just jeering at him. Ana was just scared for her friend and stayed silent.

"Alright start I'm bored now," The Professor said already bored with waiting for her idiot students to do something. It was then she cast a protection ring around them. Nothing could get in and nothing could get out. Jays eyes panicked and the border collided with his hands as he banged on it.