10: The Clearing

Ana stormed into the Clearing, of which was now open. Like the supper hall the Clearing was spilt in half. Evers and Nevers. The sky was a cloudy grey and the cloud were turning black as the breeze picked up. The chilly air hit the girls face as she scanned the terrain. The grass was still wet from the morning rain as Ana angrily pushed through the crowd of Evers in her way to get to the Nevers food line. The girl hadn't had anything since the morning she left so she may have been a bit hangry. All of that was forgotten when she saw someone she'd been waiting to see all this time. The boy with ginger hair was curled up by a tree all alone and already had a bruise forming on his head. Gregor!!

The girl run up to her brother almost slipping on the mud under her feet. "Greg!" Ana yelled. The boy looked up and saw his sister different to how he left her. Half of her golden locks were burnt off, her hands and arms covered in 3rd degree burns and her uniform was utterly ruined.

"Ana!" Gregor shouted and stood before Ana got to him. The siblings were reunited as they hugged each other. "What happened to you?"

"My first class," Ana paused as Gregor looked at her with a worried look upon his face "Lady Lesso was a little harsh," Gregor looked even more worried for his little sister "No, no not like that! They all said my arms burst into flames. I destroyed her classroom. Well melted it,"

"Thank god. I thought you got tortured on your first day," Gregor said with relief but noticed to significant amount of bruising on his sister "what are they?"

"That does not matter. I have a question I must ask you," Ana said as the siblings sat on the blanket the Evers were provided.

"Of course, what is it?" Gregor asked biting into his cucumber sandwich. Ana stopped in her tracks. Having not eaten since the day she got here she was starving. "Have it but don't say a word," Ana had already taken it before Gregor got the first word out of his mouth. She scoffed it down quickly before any of the fairies or wolves could take it from her. Which was too right as a wolf had seen the interaction.

"She didn't need to say anything, I saw the whole thing," He said before he grabbed the girl pulling her up "Nevers shouldn't be taking food from Princes,"

"Excuse you! I'm in the middle of a conversation with my brother!" The girl screamed "Let go of me!" The wolf dragged the girl over to the Nevers selected side , closest to the half dead trees. Actually nope they looked very dead. The creature finally dropped Ana on the Nevers side but in a pile of fresh mud. If her uniform wasn't ruined it was now. She looked over the Evers side to all of them laughing at her and eyed a few Nevers who did the same. Jay walked over quickly to help the girl up.

"Who was that?" He asked helping her up "Oh wow that uniform is ruined. I'm sure I can fix it with some fabric and thread,"

"Thank you, honestly it would do this blazer some good. Also that is my brother, Gregor," Ana said wiping the mud off her "He is in the year above us but he was meant to be here to protect me for all the evil Nevers," Ana waved her fingers in a spooky way and smirked at that thought.

"So they really didn't know you were a Never, huh?" Jay said wiping some of the mud Ana had missed off of her remaining sleeve.

"No they did not. It is funny actually thinking of what my father said before this. Funny to think he paid the school for Gregor to attend early," Ana stated as she started to walk over to the lunch line "Now hurry up I'm starving,"

Jay followed closely behind "He paid for him to be there? What a weird family you have. My family wouldn't care. They leave me to figure it out on my own. Doubt even if Dad was alive he would send my older brother after me,"

"Oh I'm sorry," Ana said feeling sorry for the boy

"Don't be. It's how villains are with their children and every villains child in this school, famous or not would say the same," Jay explained as they joined the back of the line "It just how we are treated to build ourselves to not have a weakness. Yet we go through all of that and somehow that," he points to the princesses across the Clearing who have to sit there and look pretty and the princes looking like polished figurines "that always wins. I don't get it,"