16: History

Raven and Ana walk down the hall to reach the old mouldy classroom they were looking for. The golden plaque on the door barely read R482. Ana pushed the door open to the usual rowdy classroom. The teacher... the teacher? He wasn't like the other teachers we had here. He was very well dressed in a cream pair of trousers, colourful pastel yellow shirt under a purple vest. His silver hair stood out from all the rest as he sat quietly at his table tapping a pen to the wood. Little did the students know he couldn't see a thing. His eyes were fogged over as the browny green colour of them could only be seen through a blur.

There were luckily two empty seats only they were right at the front of the classroom. The joys of being the last to choose where you sit in the seating plan. The girls migrated across the room towards the seats. Ana let Raven through into the row first and Ana sat on the end. Ana huffed down on the chair with relief, it was nice to finally sit down she thought.

A sudden thought came to Ana's head that she hadn't thought about since she left for the other school. No pen or paper. Slight problem for a princess who was in her favourite class and was eager to take notes.

"Raven?" Ana asked as Raven's head scooped around slowly "Have you got any paper? And possibly a pen?"

Raven rolled her eyes and reluctantly ripped a page out of her notebook. She placed the paper in front of Ana as she looked for something to write with. She pulled out a pencil and silently held it out in front of Ana.

"A pencil will do," Ana accepted and took it from her friend "Thank you so much. I left my books in the dorm,"

Raven hummed as she continued to write something with her quill. Ana's smile faded as she realised Raven was not going to reply. She looked around, taking in the classroom. It was very similar to Manley's room yet it smelled less like ass.

"Thank you all," the teacher announced to the rowdy class. The all looked at him and almost laughed. What is this an Ever doing here? "I am Professor August Sader and I will be teaching you history,"

"You mean Ever's version of history?" One girl laughed

"No I mean history. How it was. I'm not telling you to believe it. I'm just your professor and I can't tell you what to believe and what not to," Sader replied in a neutral tone "Now if your bickering is over, may I begin?"

The class went silent as the Nevers looked between eachother for answers. Did a teacher just say they were telling something from no particular side? Of course they thought it was too good to be true. Was? Well you'll find out.

"Thank you," the Professor started "Now, turn to page 13," Books appeared in front of each student and it slammed down on each desk. Ana's eyes widened as an Ever book was sat before her, something she didn't think would make it to this classroom. Ana opened the book still eager but that excitement sunk as she viewed the pages. Every single page was blank. What was the point of this? Is he giving us a free note book or something?

"What is this?" A boy asked.

"Is this a joke?" Another asked.

"Now, for our first class I want to go into the ancient history of the school" Sader ignored the two boys and ran his finger along the page. His voice sounded but he spoke not a word. "As you all know the two brothers, the schoolmasters, ruled the school. They maintained balance for thousands of years," Sader's voice explained as Ana started taking notes, almost immediately interested in the subject. She'd always wanted to know about the two brothers. As Sader continued he ran his fingers across the page and his voice continued to talk. "In order to maintain the balance one brother was a Never and the other was an Ever. They came together to restore balance and maintain it throughout the land. For thousands of years good and evil got their own stories and this was chosen by the Storian,"