31: How Do You Defeat Such A Powerful Being?

It takes a long time for a good villain to be familiar with one's powers and for Ana it took 3 weeks to even begin to control them properly. She was reading everything about those with powers like hers, their stories and how they controlled their powers. Many all nighters were completed with spells to keep her awake and wondering the castle while all were asleep. Yet Ana stopped doing this because she had another encounter with her stalkery spirit man so she stopped immediately. In fact the girl was avoiding him at all costs. Taking Chris' advice and stopping all use of blood magic after she almost killed one of her classmates in Yuba's class. A monster was not something she wanted to identify herself with. She taught herself how to manage her magic and many spells to go along with her finger glow.

Training and training for the trial by tale was fully underway as the trial was a week away and the candidates were being picked tomorrow. Once you were picked you had no way out. If you didn't want to do it and ran away you'd be cast into the arena with magic and locked in. That's why most students stayed determined because if they thought about it too much fear could sink in.

Along with the trail being under way the rankings were displayed for all to see. Top 20 students of each school were displayed in the the main halls and cafeteria. All students could keep track of who was leading the race. Ana had worked so hard to get out of her early ranked grave, she actually managed to get into the double digits and was now in the mid 30's. Sat at a comfortable 35. She was convinced she could secure a place in the top 10 by tomorrow.

Lady Lesso on the other hand was not having such a good time. She was getting colder and stricter by the minute. Ana showed Lesso her progression in control and elegance over her powers. Anyone with no control or little to no work done were sent to the doom room. Then after a while it was anyone and everyone. Ana was one of the lucky ones and hadn't been picked yet but it was only a matter of time before she did. Or well that's what Ana thought as another one of the students got dragged along the hallway and towards the doom room as she was on her way to history.

"Jesus it's either the whole schools gone nuts or Lady Lesso is having a mid life crisis," Jay exclaimed

"I wouldn't say that too loud or you'll be next," Ana giggled as the group walked down the hallway.

Last lesson of the day and she could relax. Something she hadn't done in a long time. She walked with Jay and Raven as they approached the mouldy classroom once again. The golden plaque on the door still reading R482. She huffed before entering the classroom, actually on time for once. Don't get used to it probably won't happen again.

Raven and Ana took their usual seats at the front while Jay went to his. Raven was quiet, which was not uncommon. Ana theorised that she could be stressing about her ranking. Like Ana she was so close to getting in the top 10 but had fallen slightly. Not as far as Ana but was now settled at No. 15. She opened her book and started doodling and Ana left her be as Professor Sader started talking.

"Now I hope you have all done your reading on the history of different types of magic and which are safe and which ones are not," Sader started in his usual neutral tone "I hope you have otherwise the lesson you are about to sit through will make no sense,"

Some of the students looked around like they hadn't read the passage and were trying to judge the room on who had and who hadn't read it. Ana had read it but only briefly and not with much analysis in mind.

"So can someone tell me what type of magic the evil brother possessed?" Sader asked the class and before he finished Raven's hand shot up "Yes, Raven," how he can see her if he's blind Ana was clueless about. (So am I... but it happened)

"He possessed blood magic, Professor," she spoke, not in her usual whisper instead in a voice filled with confidence.

"Thank you Raven," Sader responded (I have asked him how he sees people but you know how Seer's are. So bloody secretive) "and what was the good headmasters power based off of?"

Again Ravens hand shot up as she answered "well it's never been discovered. Yet his magic was known to be wild and unpredictable,"

"Very good Raven. Seems someone's done their homework and I hope the rest of you have too," Sader said "Now have any of you read on how to strengthen and weaken each of their powers," no one responded, not even with a shake of their head "Even though the school master is no longer with us it is important to know this as magic like this is still active. Active magic you have no clue about is the most dangerous thing when you go into the Endless Wood,"

"I thought Yuba said something different," a boy said from the other corner of the classroom.

"Teachers are entitled to their own opinions but I believe that is the most important thing. Know your magic. Know what you're up against. That way you can identify it and either destroy it or control it," Sader said like this was common knowledge. "Turn to page 427 in these books,"

Books, different books, slammed down on the desks. These were older, poorly bound and very used. The leather on the front looked like skin that had been stretched over it. On the front it read Magic And How to Defend Against It. Ana flicked through the book and found the page in the unnecessarily long book. The chapter read The School Masters And How To Overthrow Them.

"Are you teaching us to overthrow the government?" The same boy asked

"Not necessarily. Do with this information what you will but there will be a moment in the future where some of you may... need it," Sader said in a different tone to before. Like he knew something. Ana knew Seers could see the future and wonders what he knew. Maybe someone met with someone in the Endless Wood and they turned evil on them using magic like that. How cool. Well not for them but for Ana very cool. "The headmasters are powerful beings after all and their magic is a force to be reckoned with. The Storian gifted them their magic after all. So to defeat them would be a challenge, wouldn't it? Actually it's easier than one would think. If you had the right magic and weren't afraid to go mad,"

"What would you have to do?" A girl behind Ana asked

"Say you were in a fight with the evil school master you would have to counter act his force. So you would have to react with magic almost identical to the good school masters. This way the two clash and destroy each other. Not forever of course. Yet that power they had will be weakened and quite possibly destroyed," Sader said "and anyone could do that. Anyone of you. Remember you are all more powerful then you'd all ever imagine and with that type of power anyone of you could destroy the world if you wanted. Or you could save it... depends where your morals lie. If you are uncertain about morals or whether you'd save the rest of us over power then Merlin help us all,"