Chapter 13

And I'm back!! Sorry for the delay everyone, I've just started a new job and have been very overwhelmed working multiple days in a row so had to take a bit of time off. But I'm back! And hopefully will be sticking to my three chapters a week plan.

Enjoy xxx

It takes a solid ten minutes for the tears to finally stop, although impressively, the green eyeliner has managed to stay intact for the entire duration of my mini breakdown. Alice and Maria both have their arms wrapped around me, hugging me tightly as they comfort me in turns, reassuring me time and time again that they are here for me no matter what. This is why I love being a girl. It's the undying love and support you get, the "yas queen" in the club bathrooms, the mutual hatred of all dirtbags, or even the discrete, drug-deal-like sharing of sanitary products. I squeeze them both closer, trying to convey my gratitude.

"So... before you completely recover from that." Maria pulls back to her side of the table, sipping on her iced latte. Alice stays glued to my side, head resting on my shoulder, and for once, even though I can feel her breath on my neck, I don't feel the sudden overwhelming urge to pull away from the intimate contact.

"Did you want to tell us the whole story? Really get it all out. And you said something about your family... did you want to get into that? You know, while we're on a roll?" I feel myself grow stressed again as she reminds me of my key worry. Alice obviously feels me stiffen, and lifts her head to look at me.

"Erm... I think I need to work that one out myself before I can talk about it."

"Fair enough. But we're always here. So whenever you're ready to talk..." Alice leaves the sentence hanging in the air, giving me the freedom that I need. Her face is close enough to mine that I notice the small smattering of freckles on her nose, the faint scar on the side of her right eyebrow, her very kissable lips... Suddenly she shifts away, and the moment is gone. But my thoughts are raging inside my head. What the hell was that? To be honest, I'm no clearer than Aida.

After coffee, we manage to make our way through a couple more shops, but we're tired from our pre-break shopping, and we move much slower, taking our time to properly browse. It's already dark by the time I decide to head home and we part ways in the centre of town, Alice heading in the direction of the church as Maria and I head in the opposite direction, back towards the office.

It's as I'm waving goodbye that Alice that Maria decided to pipe up.

"Soo..." When she doesn't continue her sentence, I glance over at her, only to see her looking at me with a strange, almost cheeky, glint in her eyes.

"So?" I'm genuinely confused about what she's trying to convey. She huffs in annoyance at my obliviousness.

"You and Alice!!" She practically squeals the words and my automatic reaction is to laugh.

"Me and Alice what?" I'm not entirely sure what she's getting at, although there's a faint niggling suspicion at the back of my mind.

"Well... are you into her?"

"Erm... I... What..? What makes you say that? Alice and I are just friends!"

"True... but then you were crying and she was comforting you, with her head laid so gently on your shoulder, and I got the distinct impression that you'd both be interested in maybe being more than friends?" I can hear the blood rushing through my brain as my thoughts wrap themselves around this idea.

"Nah!! I'm not gay!" I brush off the suggestion almost subconsciously, before my mind has even had the chance to finish processing what she has said. "And anyway she tried to set me up with her friend Chris!" I can't deny that there was a moment in the coffee shop, so I'd be lying if I said that I didn't know where Maria was coming from, buy I can't be gay. Werewolves aren't gay. It just isn't a thing. I was always taught that the Goddess made us in her image, so that we could continue on our blood lines, so she never made any wolf gay. And it wasn't until I'd started interacting with humans that I even learnt about queerness. Gayness just isn't a thing in my world. Not that I can really explain that to Maria.