Naruto Uzumaki

Exiting the tower, Kara's anger seethed, her thoughts boiling with blame for Kakashi. In her eyes, he was at fault for Sasuke leaving.
He should have done a better job at being a Sensei! Look at that the perfect prodigy finally failed at something... Kara smugly thought.

Kara's and Kakashi's rivalry started back when they were both at the academy. Kara joined Kakashi's class during his last year before graduating as a genin and soared to the top of the class quickly due to her genius and abilities in ninjutsu which irked Kakashi. They were constantly paired together for sparring due to them both advancing fast in their skills, further fuelling their enmity. Kakashi despised losing to a girl and Kara had zero patience for his arrogance.

Kara stomped through the streets of the village with determination to confront the silver-haired jonin. She hasn't seen him since he left the ANBU nor did she care when he did. If anything she was relieved to hear he left so they would not have any joint missions together again.

The sun dipped towards the horizon, she scanned the streets for a glimpse of silver hair.
Maybe he's on a mission with his team?

Her stomach began to rumble when she realised she's not eaten since this morning and her hunger rang high when the sweet smell of Ichiraku ramen infiltrated her senses.

Ahh.. spicy pork ramen. Oh how I have missed you.

Kara hurried to the stand in hope of grabbing a seat to order her favourite meal. When she pulled back the curtain she saw a familiar face sat next to a younger boy with blonde hair who seems to be on his fourth ramen bowl.

"Iruka! Hey it's Kara, long time no see"

"Hey Kara! It's so good to see you! Just got back from your mission, I see! This is Naruto Uzumaki, one of my previous students. He's just come back from training with Master Jiraiya so I'm treating him to some ramen." Iruka had his signature smile as he welcomed his old childhood crush in to sit with them.

Naruto Uzumaki? The nails tails jinchuriki. He was on Sasuke's genin team. Maybe he can shed some more light on the circumstances with my brother.

"Hi Naruto, nice to meet you. I'm Kara Uchiha!" Kara waved, flashing a smile as she took the empty seat next to young blonde. Naruto still had a mouthful of ramen when he attempted to greet the kunoichi. Then it hit him. He swallowed his mouthful and slammed his hand on the table.

"UCHIHA! DOES THAT MEAN YOU KNOW SASUKE?!" Naruto yelled with specs of ramen flying from his mouth!

"NARUTO DONT YELL WITH FOOD IN YOUR MOUTH" Iruka shouted whacking Naruto on the head.

Kara giggled watching Naruto nurse the growing lump on his head. She ordered her large bowl of ramen.

"Yes Naruto, Sasuke is my adopted younger brother. Lady Tsunade has updated me on the events involving him." Kara's smile waned as she spoke her brother's name. She bowed her head in attempt to avoid eye contact with the two men staring at her. A steaming hot bowl of spicy pork ramen was placed in front of her. Her stomach grumbled with the immense spicy scent taking over her senses.

"Were you two close? Tsunade mentioned you were on the same team." Kara tried to regain her smile and not let her concern show.

"I guess you could say that, it is my life mission to bring him back to the village! You have my word I will bring your brother back! And I never break my word! THATS MY NINJA WAY!" Naruto bellowed.

A smile threatened to creep over Kara's somber face as she dug into her ramen bowl. Naruto's words have taken a bigger affect on Kara than she would like to admit. Knowing that this young boy had pledged his life to bring her brother back gave her a glimmer of hope.

"I'm glad to hear Sasuke has such a good friend who has his back. My mission took me away from the village and from him before he graduated. I hoped that he would been okay with me gone but I guess I was wrong.." Kara's tone was blunt as she decided to focus on her food, rather than show any emotion.
A silence settled over them, both shinobi stared at the women unsure on what to say.

"So, Kara got anything planned now you're back from your mission or is the ANBU sending you off on another long term one again?" Iruka spoke up with a light pink dust spreading across his cheeks while he rubbed the back of his neck.

"No, actually I've retired the mask and going to be a regular jonin now. I've got a few days off. I'm not sure what Lady Tsunade has planned for me but at least I've got a few days to rest. But I am looking forward to sleeping in my bed for the first time in 5 years."

"That's amazing! That means you will be in the village more... well if you want to..." the pink dust in Iruka's face was turning to a bold pink as he tried to decide if now to best time to ask Kara to dinner. 
"... maybe we could go for..." just before Iruka could finish his thought he was interrupted by the silver haired jonin entering with his signature close-eyes smile. Kara quickly snapped her head and faced away from the jonin walking in.

"Yo" Kakashi said taking a seat next to Iruka with his orange book in his hand. He hasn't seemed to notice Kara sitting next to Naruto.

Now this bastard shows up! Acting as if he's done nothing wrong. 

"SENSEI ITS ABOUT TIME YOU TAUGHT ME A NEW JUTSU. QUIT READING THOSE PERVY BOOKS AND TRAIN ME ALREADY!" Naruto's shouts took Kara by the surprise as she abruptly flipped her head to faced the blonde boy. Seeing her turn, Kakashi's masked face dropped. He hasn't seen Kara in so long and knew he would be in for it once she returned to find Sasuke had left. A shiver sent through his spine as he thought of all the different ways she's going to kick his ass.

Kara looked to the masked jonin catching his onyx eye staring down at her. The eye contact was intense as neither wanted to look away. The anger towards Kakashi started to boil deep within Kara again and instead of causing a scene she surprised herself as she slammed her money on the table to pay for her ramen and suddenly stood, never once breaking eye contact with Kakashi.

"I have to go, nice meeting you Naruto, good to see you again Iruka, we will catch up properly soon." Kara balled up her fists and shoved them into her pockets as she looked away from Kakashi and went to step out. 
The tension in the air was thick even the oblivious Naruto knew something was up.
As Kara left both Iruka and Naruto turned to face Kakashi who seemed frozen still looking in the direction where Kara was previously sat.

"Urmm, Sensei? What was that? You look like you've seen a ghost?" Naruto asked his blank face looking teacher, breaking him from his trance.

Fuck! She still hates me. Kakashi thought looking away from the two staring at him.