Makeshift Shelter

"So the crystal style user is working with Kabuto to capture the tailed beast?" Sakura asked after Naruto explained what he saw on the lake.

Before Naruto rejoined the group they had been ambushed by a huge wave of from the tailed beast of the lake.

"This complicates things" Kakashi said, quickly summoning his trusted dog, Pakkun to relay the new information to the Hokage back in Konoha. "For now we are going to camp here and await orders from Lady Tsunade. Yamato, can you make a shelter for us?"

Yamato obliged and using the wood style technique, he quickly created an entire house from his jutsu.

Under the looming canopy of the dense forest, the makeshift shelter crafted by Yamato provided a temporary refuge for the weary team. As they waited for orders from Lady Tsunade, tension hung in the air, amplified by the distant echoes of the Three-Tailed Turtle's roars.

Naruto, still damp from his unplanned plunge into the lake, sat in a pensive silence. Sakura, ever the pragmatist, began organizing their supplies while Kakashi stood at the edge of their camp, deep in thought.

Pakkun, the summoned canine messenger, returned with a scroll bearing Lady Tsunade's seal. Kakashi unrolled the scroll and scanned its contents. "We're to maintain our position and observe," he relayed to the team. "Lady Tsunade is dispatching a sealing unit to assist us."

As night descended, the team gathered around a modest fire, the crackling flames casting flickering shadows on the trees. The distant cries of the Three-Tailed Turtle created an eerie backdrop to their impromptu camp.

Sakura, breaking the contemplative silence, spoke up. "Naruto, did you get a good look at the Crystal Style user? Any weaknesses we can exploit?"

Naruto, his gaze fixed on the flames, recalled the encounter. "They're fast, and that Crystal Release jutsu is tough to crack. We need a plan."

Kakashi interjected, "We'll have to wait for the reinforcements. In the meantime, rest and be ready for anything."

As the team settled in for an uneasy night, the looming threat of the Three-Tailed Turtle and its captors cast a shadow over their camp, and the anticipation of the upcoming battle hung in the air like an unspoken oath.

Kakashi, unable to find solace in sleep, approached the dwindling fire, relieving Yamato from his watch duty.

"Can't sleep, Kakashi-Senpai?" Yamato inquired as the silver-haired shinobi took a seat beside him.

"No," Kakashi responded plainly, reclining on his hands and fixating his gaze on the star-lit expanse.

"You miss her, don't you?" Yamato's observation caught Kakashi off guard, causing him to sit up abruptly.

"I don't know who you're talking about," he deflected, attempting to sidestep any further inquiry.

"You don't have to lie, Senpai. Kara has been gone for, what, five months? Not a single word from her," Yamato continued, acknowledging the unspoken concern.

Kakashi stared at the crackling fire before him. "No, not one word," he sighed, a tangible weight in his voice.

"I know it's not my place, and you can tell me to shut up, but what's going on with you two? Are you together or what?" Yamato pressed, delving into the uncharted territories of Kakashi's emotions.

"Honestly, I don't know. I can't explain what's happening because I don't even know," Kakashi admitted with a tinge of solemnity.

"Well, do you love her?" Yamato probed further.

"You know what... shut up," Kakashi retorted, punctuating his words with a signature side-eye glare, signaling an end to the conversation, which only made Yamato chuckle.

"That's a yes, then," Yamato continued to tease, poking the fire with a wooden stick. The dancing flames cast shadows on Kakashi's face, revealing a subtle conflict of emotions beneath his typically stoic exterior.
"She will return home you know. The girl is searching for a family, she will soon realise she has one already waiting for her in the village..." Yamato said. "No matter how stubborn he is to admit it to himself." He continued his tease of Kakashi, before retreating into the wooden house behind them, leaving Kakashi alone with his thoughts.

Left alone with the crackling fire, Kakashi stared into the flames, a mix of emotions flickering like the dancing firelight. The words Yamato left hanging in the air resonated in the quiet night.

"She will return home, you know," Yamato's voice echoed in Kakashi's mind. "The girl is searching for a family. She'll soon realize she has one waiting for her."