Drunk Mess

"Thank you for the report Kakashi" the Hokage spoke across her desks following the detailed for the two gave her of their mission. "I'm glad to see it was a successful mission and that the two of you didn't allow your negative feelings compromise the mission. You've done well, was there anything else you wished to discuss?"

"No m'lady" kakashi responded, surprising Kara how he was not informing the Hokage of their encounter with Itachi and how Kara allowed him to get away.

"Very well, you are dismissed, take a days rest and then you can return to Naruto's training Kakashi. That boy is driving me insane." She waved them out of her office.

As they exited the tower, Kara turned to Kakashi in hopes to discuss everything with him.

"Kakashi.." she began.

"Good night Kara" he quickly interjected walking quickly away from her. Kara was lost for words, feeling like she's always watching him walk away from her. She sighed before heading in the direction of her own apartment.

Her apartment was cold, and empty. Still not providing her with the sense of warmth she needed. She unpacked her travel pack and through her dirty clothes in the washing machine. It was late into the night, she was tired from the journey home and was also emotionally exhausted from the events that had occurred, she took a quick shower before turning into bed, when she saw something in the corner of her eye. It was the small plushie toy that Kakashi had won her at the festival during their mission. She had forgot she packed it, it was just lying in the floor next to her travel bag she's unpacked. She stepped acrossed to it, picking it up in a smooth movement, holding it up to her face, staring into the dark fake eyes it wore.

They look like Kashi's. She thought. She longed for the warmth of his presence, not knowing when or even if she would feel it again. Her mind raced with the events of the entire mission.

Playing the roles of a couple were easier than I thought Kash, I actually kinda miss you. She thought while still staring into the blank eyes of the plushie toy. She hugged into the toy as she retreated into bed, turning off the lights and curling up holding they plushie tight.

Kakashi had taken a long route back to his house, trying to sort through the conflicted feelings in his head and heart. He knew he should have reported Kara to the Hokage but feared of the repercussions if he did.
The Hokage already doesn't trust her. He thought trudging through the empty street of Konoha. His home was just as empty and cold as Kara's, the warmth she brought into a room was noticeably gone. A pang rang through his chest. They were soo close now the distance between them was growing once again. He wasn't sure if he could trust her again after what she pulled but something was still ticking in his brain that something was not all correct with the information he had on the Uchiha massacre.
Did Lord Third have something to do with it. He was racking his brain, remembering what had happened all those years ago, trying to think of anything that could help him uncover the truth of the events.

He soon found his bed, subconsciously heading to the left, almost expecting Kara to be lying on the right. The sheets were cold and desolate, he reached his arm across the bed, in hopes she might be there, but the emptiness swallowed his hand.
Yurp, I'm home. The emptiness of his home slowly enveloped him into a deep sleep.

———————————————————————————

Kara had awoken later than normal in the morning, though still continued on with her normal routine of going for a run across the village, crossing past the training grounds and eventually ending up in the centre of town. There had been no sightings of Kakashi as she ran past all the places she usually saw him. She wanted to catch a glimpse of him but feared of being confronted by him, she had no idea on what to say when they finally saw each other again.