Hatake

As the early morning sun streamed through the window, it slowly roused Kara from her dreamless slumber. She stirred awake and slowly sat up as she rubbed her eyes awake. She looked around her room. The room remained unchanged from five years ago, except for the inch-thick layer of dust, a testament to its undisturbed solitude.

Upon returning to her flat last night after leaving the ramen shop, she clung to the hope that it was all a cruel joke and her pain-in-ass baby brother would be there waiting for her as she walked in. But no. The flat stood cold and desolate.

So it is true. He really did leave.

Kara's heart broke when she stepped into the flat. It doesn't feel like home without him. More of a shell of bricks and mortar. In that moment a surge of  suppressed emotions flooded her. The mental and emotional toll of her mission, coupled with returning home to find her brother had essentially gone rogue, threatened to consume her. She unleashed her frustrations on the wall next to her, leaving a dent as dust showered down to the ground. Her tears pressed for release, but she refused to let them fall. No matter the pain, physical or emotional, she never let a tear escape. She vowed to remain strong to her mother on the night she passed away. She swallowed her anguish and retreated to bed, avoiding a breakdown.

In the morning light, Kara hoisted herself out of bed and promptly got herself showered and dressed. She decided to spend the morning cleaning the flat, hoping to reclaim some semblance of hominess. Once she was moderately satisfied with the cleanliness, she opted to go for a run around the village. It had become a habit she picked up during her time away on her mission, as a means to clear her head. She felt like she needed one more than ever at the moment. She changed into some dark shorts and a green vest top and slipped on her running shoes, tied her long auburn hair up and left.

During her run, her thoughts kept drifting back to Kakashi's expression when he saw her at the ramen shop. The look lingered in her mind.
Something has changed in his eyes. They are not as cold as before.

Perhaps the look was because he knew she could defeat him in a fight if she unleashed her full strength. After all, he may have the Sharingan but so does she, along with her second Dojustu.

She was running along the edge of the forest next to the training grounds when she heard a familiar voice shouting.

"SENSEI YOU'RE LATE AGAIN! WHAT IS THE EXCUSE THIS TIME? THERE'S ONLY SO MANY TIMES YOU CAN GET LOST ON THE PATH OF LIFE YOU KNOW!" Naruto was clearly frustrated with his sensei always showing up late providing only lame excuses for his lack of punctuality.

Kara had hoped neither would sense her while she ran past but that was short lived when Naruto shouted and ran over to her.

"Kara-sama hey good morning! Out for a run?"

"Morning Naruto, yeah I enjoy a morning run to start the day off." Kara said slightly out of breath. She'd increased her pace to avoid running into Kakashi, but Naruto proved too quick for her.

"Uhh Kara-sama.. can I ask you something?" Naruto sheepishly asked looking to the ground.

Kara nodded allowing him to continue.

"What was up yesterday? You rushed out the shop so quickly?" Naruto asked raising his head to face her. "Was it to do with Kakashi-Sensei?"

Kara was about to fabricate some lame excuse as to why she left in such a hurry when the silver haired jonin appeared next to Naruto in a puff of smoke. Kara couldn't stop her eyes from dramatically rolling when he appeared.