Honeymoon Bliss

Kakashi stirred, the cool air clinging to him. He opened his eyes, finding Kara was absent from her spot beside him. He jolted up scanning the cave for her presence. He suddenly heard her laughter echoing from the mouth of the cave. She was sat with Yuji, her wolf summon. Kakashi removed himself from his sleeping bag and sealed them away in his scroll. He put his leaf headband on and pulling it low to cover his Sharingan, a dull throb pulsing through his temples.

"Good morning," Kara said as he joined her.
"Oh uh, morning..." Kakashi mumbles, a newfound nervousness settling around him. Uncertainty clouded his mind - was last night real or just a dream? He couldn't bring himself to ask, the possibility of it being real was too embarrassing to confront.

Kara smirked at his nervous self and handed him her water flask.

"Here drink, your head is going to hurt for a few hours." She stated, offering no further explanation. However, it was enough of a confirmation for Kakashi to know last night wasn't just a dream. She had indeed pull him out of his nightmare, she had been straddling him while he clung onto her, his ears burned red at the thought of them being that close.

"Thanks" he took the flask and drank from it before handing it back to her.
He pulled out a food pill and threw it into his mouth swallowing it whole.

"I thought you said those were for emergencies, Hatake?" Kara smirked repeating his words from last night.

He rolled his eyes at her comment and that she was back to calling him by his last name.

"Well we've over-slept we need to get a move on if we want to get this mission over with." Kakashi was back to his plain nonchalant self.

Their mission was to investigate a nearby town for signs of the Akatsuki. There had been chatter that a couple of members wearing dark cloaks with red clouds on have been frequently spotted near the area. They were sent to discreetly inquire about the spottings and report back to the Hokage. Under no circumstance were they to engage with the Akatsuki. They were going to be in town for a couple of days and needed a cover story as they couldn't have two ninjas stroll in asking about the terrorists so therefore Tsunade thought it would be hilarious to send the two in undercover as newlyweds travelling around the land of fire.

They both hated the idea of playing happy family with each other. Especially the idea of having to show that they were somewhat 'head over heels in love' with one another. Yes. It was stated in their report they had to convince people around them they were in love. Easier said than done.

After they set off from their cave, they travelled for several hours in silence. Both struggled to engage in any conversation, Kara was still battling her hate for the jonin in her mind, though it slightly lifted after the events of last night and Kakashi still unsure on whether to ask her about it. How they both clung to each other burned in the front of their minds, neither of them wanting to admit to themselves that they actually enjoyed the closeness they shared. It was warm and peaceful.

They were approaching the check point signalling to them they were only a half mile away from the town. It was the time to ditch their jonin attire and replace it with more regular clothing.

Kakashi had opted to wear some standard trousers and dark top, his undershirt with his connected mask still underneath so he could still conceal the lower half of his face. He forgo his ninja headband allowing his silver hair to cascad over this left eye. He had placed an onyx colour lens in to hide his sharingan and used purple make up to draw lines covering his scar and did the same to his normal eye.

Kara's disguise was simple compared to Kakashi's she had changed into a forest green qipao dress (same style dress Sakura tends to wear) with slits along the sides of the thighs and a high buttoned up neck. She had put her hair into a central plait going down the back of her head which continued onto her left shoulder. Her hair was long so the plait continued down to just below her chest.