Kakashi's Will of Fire P.2

"There he is! KAKASHI SENSEI!" Naruto's voice pierced through the dense forest as they raced to catch up with their sensei. The daylight greeted them as they approached an old temple-like gate with large doors, which slowly opened as Kakashi neared them.

"KAKASHI SENSEI!" But before Naruto's call could fully echo, a sharp kunai flew towards him, forcing him to swiftly dodge and seek cover on a nearby tree branch. Sakura followed suit, landing gracefully beside him as they scanned the forest for signs of their assailant.

A gust of wind rustled the leaves, revealing nine figures emerging from the shadows. Naruto's surprise was palpable as he recognized the members of other teams standing before them.

"You guys?" Naruto's confusion was evident as he faced the unexpected arrivals of the Teams 8, 10 and Team Guy.

Shikamaru stepped forward, his usual laziness replaced by a sense of authority. "Naruto, Sakura. I'm under orders to bring you both back to the village immediately," he stated firmly.

"Someone is controlling Kakashi-Sensei. That's why he left the Leaf," Naruto protested.

"Please, just let Naruto and me go," Sakura pleaded.

"NO. You heard what Lady Tsunade said. She told us to forget Kakashi-Sensei. Those are the Hokage's orders." Shikamaru said firmly, his expression unyielding despite the glare he was receiving from Naruto.

Naruto reached for a kunai and Shikamaru activated his shadow possession jutsu which was slowly snaking its way towards Naruto.

"Hmm.." Naruto huffed, "It's true that ninjas who disobey orders are scum... But still... Kakashi-Sensei taught us something else as well. That those who abandon their friends are even worse than scum! Maybe you're different, but I don't want to be worst than scum!"

Rock Lee spoke up from behind Shikamaru. "Is it true someone is controlling Kakashi-Sensei?"

"Yeah.." Shikamaru nodded, "But he chose to let somebody control him... so he can get to the enemy from the inside."

"If I had known about that, then I would have done the same as Naruto and Sakura!" Lee exclaimed.

"Yeah, me too," Kiba chimed in, echoed by a bark from Akamaru.

"Yeah... and so would I if I could, however, this strategy is the only sure way for us to save the village." Just as Shikamaru finished his explanation, a shadow fell over the group. The ground and the trees began to shake then suddenly a dark figure burst from the ground beneath them, separating Naruto and Sakura from the others.

"Now's our chance, Naruto!" Sakura urged, seizing the distraction to make their escape.

"Urhh, those two..." Shikamaru and the others quickly dispersed from the sudden attack. "Neji, I'm leaving this guy to you and your team."

Neji nodded in response to Shikamaru's words, his Byakugan activated as he assessed the situation.

"Not so fast," The strange man with a rectangle mark on his forward, named Ichi, said biting his thumb before planting his hand on the tree, "Summoning - double-headed snake!"

The ground trembles as a massive amount of double-headed black snakes emerge from the earth, their hissing filling the air as they charged after the group lacing their bodies around the ankles of teams 8 and 10.

"KUNAI BOMB!" Tenten screamed, unravelling her scroll and sending a torrent of bombs at the snakes' bodies, freeing the ankles of the others, allowing them to escape following in the direction of Naruto and Sakura.

As the others made a run for it, Neji leapt forward with Lee and Tenten by his side, blocking the strange snake guy from going any further.