3: She Is Not Normal

Manik's pov

I am still confused and shocked after last night. That girl Nandini she was already looking weird to me but yesterday it was unexpected.

Someone is torturing her and on top of that she is taking anti depressant pills. Being a doctor I want to help her but I can't until she let me help her.

I have a friend who is a psychiatrist and she can help her but before that I have to talk to Nandini about this matter.

"Hey bro what's up?" I came back to world listening Cabir's voice

"Nothing much Just thinking"

"About?"

"Nothing man Its about a worker in my house she is weird and I'm sure that she is in a deep shit of trouble"

"How do you know?"

"Yesterday I accidentally entered her room and I saw her applying ointment on her back and you won't believe that her back was full of marks, some dry and old while some new and fresh as like someone just tortured her"

"You didn't asked her anything?"

"I tried to but she refused to tell. I helped her by giving and applying ointment and more to add she is taking anti depressing pills"

"No way are you serious?"

"Yes dude I am also shocked, taking those pills is not a joke and that too with high mg"

"Don't you have her family member's contact call them and tell them"

"I don't think so its a good idea because what if they are the only one doing this shit? It will become more worse for her"

"Yeah that's the point. What about Mukti? You can ask her if she can help"

"I thought the same but before that I have to talk to that girl"

"Yeah actually you should"

"For now I am leaving I have to check the patients"

"Ok see ya"

I left to continue my work. After I was done I called Mukti I asked if she can help me or not and she agreed. Now the thing is to talk with Nandini.

Later that night I reached home. Going to my room I changed my clothes taking a light shower. I came down to do dinner

"Where's dad?" I asked one of the worker.

"He is coming"

"Okay"

I sat on my place taking out my phone to see the notification.

"No phone during dinner"

"I was just looking the messages" I said locking and keeping it on table.

"Nandini get us the food" I looked up hearing her name.

She nodded and left towards the kitchen. After of a while she came back and served dad first then came towards me. She was filling my plate it was when my eyes fallen on her hands which were having a lot of marks, Marks of blade.

I looked at her shockingly but she was busy in her work.

"It's enough" I said and she nodded

"Anything else you need?" She asked while I nodded in a no. She left and I start eating

She definitely need Mukti and I have to help her even if she want or not. After I was done I left to my room and lay down to sleep.

My phone ranged all of a sudden showing the caller id with Name Cabir.

"Hello Cabir"

"Hey Manik where are you?"

"Home why?"

"Can you please come to the hospital there is 2 emergency cases and the other doctor with me is not picking up the call. I am not able to handle the situation" He panicked

"Relax buddy relax I am coming" I said

"I'm waiting please come asap the cases are very serious"

"Okay" I cut the call and rushed to the hospital.

***********

After of 2 breathtaking hours we finally came out of the emergency room. The cases were very critical but thanks to god they are saved.

I came home after confirming that there is no need of me. Coming inside the kitchen I looked for coffee to make myself but I don't know where the things are kept.

"You need help sir?" I turned around to see Nandini

"I'm looking for coffee do you know where it is?" I asked and she nodded. She went towards the cupboard and took out the jar.

"Should I make?" She asked

"Sure" I lay my back with the slab opening my phone.

"You came back early then why went again?" She asked and I looked at her. She was busy making coffee

"It was an emergency case so I had to" I said

"Oh is the person saved?" She asked

"Yes Thanks to god both are"

"There were 2 peoples?"

"Yeah they were a couple they got into an accident"

"Oh glad to hear that they are fine"

"Yeah"

"Your coffee sir"

"Oh thank you"

"It's my work" she said and was leaving

"Uhm... Nandini" she turned

"Yes?" I looked at her for a moment. I shouldn't tell her

"Uhm... Nothing forget it" I said and left to my room.

Coming inside I went to the balcony. Looking at the sky I smiled.

'I did it mom... I saved a life today. Years ago you died in front of my eyes and I wasn't able to save you and I promised you that one day I will save peoples and see today I did it. My first ever operation and it was successful all because of you. I know it was you with me... I miss you mom I wish you could see me like this'

After I finished my coffee I lay down to sleep.

Nandini's pov

Yesterday when he entered my room I panicked. I know he was shocked seeing those marks and as he is a doctor he wanted to help but I can't tell him the truth. I know he is a doctor he can find out what those marks are and how they appeared but still. Mr. Malhotra will kill me if he find out that his son helped me last night.

When I first saw him and find out that he is Mr. Malhotra's son I thought he is same like him but he isn't or maybe because he don't know that I'm his dad's personal property maybe after finding the truth he'll do the same with me.

You can expect everything from men. All men are same even my father is. I don't trust anyone and I won't trust anyone not at least in this life.

No prince is going to rescue me from this jail. No king is going to come for me. All those stories I heard in childhood, all those dramas I watched they all are fake these things only happens in movies or stories not in real life.

I wiped my tears and closed my eyes to sleep.

Alina❤