18. What is going on?

Manik's POV

The next morning I wake up to see myself alone in the room. I rubbed my eyes yawning.

"Manik" I looked at her as she entered the room. "Haven't you ordered vegetables? I'm not able to find them"

"I have, they are in the fridge in the last box" I said

"Ok get up as the breakfast is almost ready" she said

"Nandini you're not well leave I'll do it" I sais getting up

"No I'm fine the fever has gone already so please let me" she said

"You sure?" I asked checking her temperature

"Yes see I have no fever" she said and I nodded.

"Ok then I won't stop you" I said and she left with a nod.

I took out my clothes from wardrobe. I don't know from how long they are kept here I don't even remember the last Time I came here but whatever. I took out a shirt with a pant.

"There should be something which can fit her" I searched for a shirt. "Yeah this will work" It was a bit long shirt even if she won't wear pant or something it can work.

After freshening up I came out to see her setting the dinning table. She looked at me.

"Come the food is ready" she said. I sat on one chair while she sat on the other one.

"The smell is great" I said rubbing my hands together.

We start eating quietly. She was still looking the same, not talking much lost in her own thoughts.

"Uhm... After eating you can change if you want. I had a shirt which can fit you, you can have a look if you want to wear, you will be comfortable" I tried to start the conversation but she just simply nodded.

It is now irritating me, I don't know why but this cold behavior of her is irritating me.

I took out my phone from pocket and kept in front of her. She looked at me.

"You can use it"

"For?"

"To call Aaryaman... Yesterday you wanted to talk to him, you can do" I said.

"I don't want to"

"Why?"

"Because I changed my mind I'll contact him later if needed but not now"

"Then what is the problem with you why are acting so weird?" I finally asked.

"I'm fine nothing has happened"

"Don't lie I can sense it you are hiding something from me But I don't know what it is"

"You are over thinking nothing else" she said getting up. I held her arm

"Where are you going? At least finish your food"

"I am not hungry anymore" she said leaving to the room. I sighed cursing under my breathe.

After of 20 minutes I went inside the room to see her laying on bed with eyes closed.

"Nandini?" I called out. The shirt was still there she haven't changed.

"Manik please I'm not in a mood now please"

"That is what I'm asking you what happened tell me share with me?" I sat besides her. She sat up holding her head

"I told you there is nothing why are asking me again and again?" Her way was rude but I chose to ignore.

"I'm sorry" I said getting up and left the room.

I don't know why but this behavior of her is worrying me. Why I am caring so much? Let it be if she don't want to tell.

I sat on couch with a soft drink in my hand turning on the tv.

********

It's 9pm already. I got up going inside the room to see her sleeping. I went near her checked her temperature she wasn't having fever anymore.

"I'm going out I'll be back in hour" I said loudly but there was no response.

Coming out I wear my jacket and left the house locking it from outside. I have to get some woods. Coming afar from house I realized I forgotten my phone.

"Shit!" I turned back to go home.

Entering the house I closed the door. The phone was on couch, I picked it up and was leaving but some noises gained my attention and they were coming from the room.

I went towards the room opening the door slowly to see her talking on phone. A shock hit me.

"Yeah... No its not like that you gave me the number so I called you to thank for helping me... Manik is outside... Yeah he is a good friend and I'm lucky he is with me" I left the house

Why? If she so wanted to talk to him then why not in front of me? Why she waited for me to leave? And top of everything from where this mobile appeared? Aaryaman gave her or she had already?

I was loosing my mind thinking all this. In just a day she changed her behavior with me that too because of his ex like why?

After an hour or something I came back, Entering inside I saw her sitting on couch watching tv, she had changed the dress and was smiling.

"Where you went?" She asked and I kept the wooden on a side.

"To take them" I said

"Are you angry with me?"

"No why will I be?"

"Because I acted rude"

"I'm not" I said and left towards the kitchen.

The plate inside the washbasin was telling that she already had her meal. I left the plate on its place and came out.

I directly went inside the room. I don't know what was happening to me. I'm angry but why, why is it bothering me. It's her choice she can call whomever she want to then why is it affecting me?

"Manik?" She came inside.

"Yes?"

"I will sleep on the couch outside" she said and I sighed.

"Do whatever you want" I don't know if I was rude or not but... Whatever.

"Fine" She left.

Arghhh!

Why that bastard came back? I lay down closing my eyes but I know I won't be able to sleep.

Alina❤