17. Taking Care of Her

Manik's Pov

"Nandini?" I ran towards her. Taking her in my arms I lay her down on couch.

I checked her pulse it was when I realized she had high fever. I poured some water on her face and she slowly gain back the conscious.

"You okay?" I asked she sat up and nodded

"I'm fine"

"Here drink this" I said giving her the glass

I took out my phone once again and messaged Cabir the name of some medicines.

Around 6pm a delivery guy delivered me the things. Nandini was sleeping. I went inside the kitchen and made soup for her.

Cooking is not a thing I can't do because in America I used to do my work on my own so I know cooking. After I was done. I came out

"Nandini" I sat besides her. "Nandini wake up have some soup after that you have to eat the medicines"

"I'm fine I don't want anything"

"Nandini Wake up come on"

I forced her to sit and covered her body with duvet as she was feeling cold.

"Open your mouth" I said feeding her the soup.

"I'm feeling cold" she said. I looked around.

"Wait" I said and got up. I turn on the fireplace after that went inside the room to bring another duvet. I covered her with the other duvet as well. "Better now?" I asked and she nodded. "Come on now finish this" I said feeding her again.

After she was done I forcefully made her eat the medicines. She lay back and closed her eyes. I go through the things I ordered it was when I saw her things. I came towards her again.

"Nandini" she looked at me. "You hit your periods?" I asked

"What? how do you know? is there any stain" she got up instantly looking on the couch then duvet.

"Calm down there is no stain" I said. She held her head as she felt dizzy. I held her arm and made her sit.

"How do you know?" She asked.

"Cabir told me, he thought I messaged him so he asked" she looked down. "Hey look at me" I made her look at me by holding her chin. "Why are you embarrassed? There is nothing to be embarrassed about its not your fault its a natural thing" I tried to explain "And top of all if you remember then I'm a doctor" I said but there was no response from her side.

"Nandini?" I called again and she looked at me "Have I done something to hurt you?" I finally asked as her behavior was disturbing me.

"No"

"You sure? If I have then tell me I'll apologize" I assured.

"Nothing Manik"

"Ok if you say so... You things have arrived you can use them if you want to" I said after a long pause and again she nodded in response. I sighed getting up.

She went towards the bathroom and I sat on chair. Is this because I refused to let her call Aaryaman? What else it can be?

She came after a little while and again lay down on couch. She looked at me for a long time before closing her eyes.

"Manik?" I was already looking at her, her eyes were still closed

"Yes?"

"Do you regret helping me?" She asked all of a sudden

"What? What made you think that?"

"Just a random question but please don't lie" this time she looked at me.

"I don't I am happy that I'm able to help you Nandini trust me" I assured but she faked a smile.

"But the words you said to your friend say something else" she said

"What wor-" It was when I remembered the conversation I had with Cabir "I wasn't saying that because of you" I said

"Then?"

"It was because of dad I regret coming here because I had to face his reality which I never expected that was the reason I used those words it has nothing to do with you" I said and she nodded before closing her eyes again.

After that she didn't opened her eyes which means she slept.

***********

My sleep was disturb by some movements I felt around me. I slowly opened my eyes turned on the lamp to see her laying besides me she was adjusting her duvet.

"I disturbed you I'm sorry" she said but instead I smiled

"You haven't" I said

"I was feeling scared out there so... I hope you don't have a problem"

"No I don't you can sleep here perhaps if you don't watch those naughty dreams again" I teased and she blushed.

"Manik!" She said throwing the pillow on my face and I laughed.

"Kidding you can sleep here" I said and she nodded.

She lay down facing me I smiled at her while she too smiled back. I closed my eyes but moment later there was a hand on my hand which was beside my pillow. I didn't respond because I know it's her.

"Manik" I open my eyes. "What you think About Aaryaman?" Seriously? At this hour of night she wants to talk about that Jerk?

"What type of question is this? I mean what I think about him? I don't even know him" I talked about facts.

"Still you saw him yesterday. I told you about him as well by that what you think what type of a guy he is?"

"If you ask me then on a serious note I'm telling you that guy is a jerk. I mean just look at him how shameless he is to stand in front of you with a confidence after what he did to you after how he treated you" I said whatever I felt about him.

"But he said he was forced to"

"Oh please you can fall for his trap not me Because I'm also a guy so stop this shit already"

"Hmm"

"What about me?" I asked after a long pause

"What?"

"What you think about me like What kind of A guy I'm in your eyes?" I asked and she looked at me for quite a long time.

"I don't know but I can just say that... In this whole world there are about 7 billion peoples but... Among of all those... I only trust you" she said and I felt like I lost words. I was speechless I don't know what to say and what not.

"And I can do anything to keep this trust" I assured to which she smiled and closed her eyes wishing me a good night.

"Good night"

Alina❤