4. My Own Dad?

Manik's Pov

I came down for breakfast as I'm late today. Last night was very tough for me but I did it.

"Good morning dad"

"Good morning Manik why so late today?" he asked

"Don't ask dad it was a long night for me"

"Why what happened?"

"Nothing emergency cases you tell all good?" I asked

"Yeah"

"You know yesterday It was my first operation and I succeed. I save a life yesterday"

"Really? Oh my son I am so proud of you. Your mom must be the happiest seeing you from there" he saif raising his finger in air.

It was when Nandini came out from kitchen with a trolley. She served me the food.

"You need anything else sir?" She asked

"Uhm yes I need the same coffee you prepared for me last night" her eyes came out of her socket which confused me.

She looked towards dad but he was busy eating. Why is she looking at him? Obviously he won't have any problem in making a coffee for me.

"What happened is there any problem?" I asked

"No not at all why will there be I just come" she said and left.

"Where are you going?" I asked as dad got up wiping his face.

"I have urgent meeting to attend so I have to leave"

"Oh I see ok then best of luck"

"Thank you! See you" he said and left.

After of a while Nandini came back with coffee. She was pouring in cup but her hands were shivering.

"Hey what happened?" I asked

I kept my hand on her shivering  hand due to which she got nervous and the kettle fallen from her hand on my pants.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry sir I am so sorry" I stood up as it was very hot

"Its ok"

"No sir I'm really really sorry you please change it"

"Yeah I'm going" I said and left to my room.

After changing my clothes I came out. Nothing happened to me but I am really pissed off with her behavior why is she always tense and scared?

I sat on bed while the door knocked. I allowed and There come Nandini with a tray. Her eyes were swallowed. Oh god this girl cried?

"Sir you breakfast" she said keeping the tray on table.

I went towards her, she turned around and bumped in me.

"I'm sorry sir I..." She choked and tears find their way in her eyes.

"Hey why are you crying? It was just a coffee"

"Sir please don't complain to Mr. Malhotra he will... He-"

"He what?" I asked and she looked at me. She wiped her tears

"He will throw me out for sure" she said and I smiled

"He won't my dad is not cruel and more importantly I won't complain so relax"

"Promise?" She asked like a child while I chuckled.

"Yes I promise"

She wiped her face. I don't know why but I held her chin pulling her face up to see me.