16. Cold Behavior

Manik's pov

After the breakfast we sat down on couch to think about our next moves as off course we can't stay here for a lifetime.

The thing is I'm not able to get the proves against him, one proof just one proof and I'll make sure to ruin his career but for now I'm helpless.

"So?" She break the silence

"What?"

"What are you thinking?"

"Nothing just some random thoughts" I said

"Got any thought about what to do next?"

"Not yet and I guess for few days we should stay here"

"Yeah" she looked towards the ceiling getting lost in her world of thoughts.

That guy whatever his name was has caught my attention after Nandini told me about their relation. Out of nowhere he appeared and even gave her number to contact. I don't know why But I didn't get good vibes from him

'Or maybe you're jealous dumbo'

My self conscious spoke but I chose to ignore such words because I know I have no such feelings for her. We are just friends and we'll remain friends. I don't want to ruin our friendship by falling in lover with her especially when she clearly told me about her feelings for that guy last night, there is no chance left.

"Where are you lost?" I asked as she didn't blinked from last 2 minutes.

"Huh?" She looked at me

"I asked where are you lost?"

"No where just some random thoughts"

"Are they about Mr. Malhotra?" I asked hoping she is not thinking about that duffer.

"No it's about Aaryaman" I took a deep breath

"Oh I see"

"Manik can I use your phone?" She asked

"Uhm... I don't think so Nandini don't talk to him at least not until we are here hiding because for now we can't trust anyone... Anyone" I said bolding the word anyone

"Ok" she simply replied.

Why I feel like she has maintained distance from me after last night. I don't know why but She is avoiding talking to me since we talked about our past love life.

I got up and left to the room taking out my phone I dialed Cabir's number.

"Hello"

"Hi bro where the fuck you're, I am searching for you since you left hospital you haven't even informed me are you fucking in your senses?" He freaked out

"Don't even ask what I'm going through and on top of that you're freaking on me stop already man I am not in a mood"

"What were you expecting me to do? Should I welcome you with a plate of flower or some songs 'Oh Manik you finally called me baby I was dying to talk to you sweetheart where are you are you fine?' My foot now speak up why you resigned?" He mimicked in a girl's voice and I nodded my head in disbelief.

Here I'm suffering from serious problems and there his mellow dramas are getting over. This guy is such a pain in ass.

"I didn't Resigned I was fired"

"What? Who fired you?"

"My own dad"

"Manik are you drunk? Why will he fire you?"

I told him the whole story from Mukti to Aaryaman. In between he was giving compliments but I ignored and continued to tell him

"Holy shit! I can't believe this your own dad? How can he be so cheap I mean at least look at your age old man you're on the last stages of your life, death is near you and you're dying to have sex with a girl of your daughter's age like seriously what the fuck is happening in this world? I can't believe what type of country I'm living in?"

"I wish I had never come back to India"

As I said Nandini entered the room. She was going to say something but as she saw me talking on phone she stopped.

"Listen I'll call you later and yeah I'm sending you some list of things can you drop them on the address I'll send you?... Ok then bye" I hung up and looked at her but she was not in the room anymore.

I came out to see her sitting on the couch where she was sitting before.

"You wanted to say something?" I asked. She didn't looked at me

"Nothing" she said

"You sure?" I asked again to confirm

"Yeah" Her replies are now getting into my nerves

Her behavior is so cold with me and this has happened because of that stupid lover of her because of him she is acting weird.

I sent the list to Cabir for the things I need. For now I can trust him only because Mr. Malhotra doesn't know about him so he cannot ask questions from him.

"I'm ordering some things do you want anything?" I asked sitting on a chair eyes on phone

"Yeah I want"

"What?"

"I can't tell you"

"And why is that?"

"Because they're personal things"

"But you have to tell me because my friend will buy them and send me"

"Still I can tell you"

"Ok then write down yourself after that you can delete the message" I said giving her the phone

She nodded and start typing, after she was done she gave me the phone back and again concentrate on her show.

I went to the kitchen to see what we can make for dinner it was when my phone ringed I checked up to see messages from Cabir. First there were laughing emojis then there was a voice note.

'Seriously? You want me to buy sanitary pads and underwear what you think I'm?'

I felt a sudden embarrassment on my face as I didn't knew what personal thing she was talking about and now on top of that I asked Cabir for the helo he is surely gonna tease me for the rest of my life.

"Do what I said and what is the problem in buying them? When you'll get married won't you buy them for your wife you asshole" I voice mailed him

I came out to see her lying unconscious on floor. I panicked what happened to her all of a sudden?

"Nandini?"

Alina❤