6: Hurting her

Manik's pov

I came down to see her still serving the food. I rolled my eyes and sat oj my place

"Good Morning Manik" da... Sorry Mr. Malhotra said

He lost his respect for me, I am ashamed to call him dad so yeah from now on it's Mr. Malhotra.

"Good morning"

"How are you feeling now?"

"Better"

"But you're not looking better"

"I'm fine" I said while Nandini was serving me.

I held her hand glaring her. She looked at me then towards Mr. Malhotra who was already looking towards our hands.

"What happened Manik?"

"I don't want her to serve me food"

"What? But why?"

"Because I don't want to"

"Alright Alright Nandini you go and call Tanvi she will serve"

"No need I will handle myself" I said while she left from there

"She did something wrong? If yes then tell me I will ask her in my own way" I looked at him

"How will you ask her?"

"Look she is very emotional girl she don't have a family his father is very ill he worked for me for years but now he is not here so she is disturbed also she is like my own family so-"

"Your own family?"

"Yeah I mean she was here for years and... leave this forgive her"

"I'm not angry on her I am just in a bad mood"

"Oh I see but I have something to tell you"

"What?"

"I given her a room I mean she will live up there in the room next to yours"

"Why so?"

"I just told you she is special and I'm worried his father has very short time left I don't want her to feel broken and all so..."

"Do whatever you want"

"That's my boy" I rolled my eyes and left for my work.

In hospital as well I was not focused. My mind was stuck on the same thing. I still can't digest I'm not able to.

"Dude where are you lost?"

"What happened?"

"There is an emergency case come fast"

"Ok" I stood up running towards emergency room.

*********

"Manik what happened to you today? You're looking good" Cabir asked coming out of emergency room.

"Nothing"

"What nothing Manik you were lost inside the room as well"

"Nothing Cabir I'm fine. It's just I'm unhappy as we couldn't save him"

Yeah the person died, the worst thing ever happened to me. I could've saved him but I was so lost and absent to focus

"It's not our fault, We tried out best. His condition was already worse"

"Yeah"

"Come lets go back" he said and I nodded.

**********

I came back home going towards the kitchen to drink something. That guy is still stuck on my mind. I feel like I killed him because of my absent mind

Entering inside I saw Her again. I rolled my eyes opening the fridge. I turned around to bump into her, the juice fallen on her clothes

"What are you doing?" I asked. She looked down on her dress

"I... I wanted to talk to you"

"But I don't want to go and change your dress and try not to cone in front of me" I said and was leaving but she held my hand

"At least listen" I held her hand tightly

"How dare you touch me huh?"

"Sir it's hurting" I jerked away her hand

"Stay away then" I said and left to my room

Changing my clothes I sat on bed trying to divert my mind but that guy... God

The door knocked

"Come" She entered inside. I sighed why is she doing this?

"Sir your coffee"

"I didn't asked for a coffee"

"Oh I thought you did" She kept the cup on side table. "How is your hand?"

"What's it to you?"

"I... I was just worried"

"Why? Nandini stop doing this you are irritating me why are you behind me? Why are you trying so much to talk to me?" I shouted, she looked down.

"I... I thoug-" she choked "Sorry" saying so she left.

Fuck!

I'm acting like Mr. Malhotra. Manik control yourself. You are hurting her what is the difference between you and him?

I drank the coffee and lay down to sleep but it was far away. I left to the balcony to get some fresh air.

I looked towards the sky gazing the stars. It was when I heard someone's sobbing I looked towards the direction to see her standing in the balcony of her room. She was crying. She was wearing a shawl around her, her hairs were open while her face was covered with tears.

"Why me?" She looked up asking. I hide myself a bit to she cannot see me. "Why Ayappa why, what is my fault to bear all this? I'm also a human and it hurts me why no one notice? Why I'm a burden for everyone. My parents hate me, hate me so much that they sold me just for some fucking money they sold their own daughter to a maniac who loves to torture me, Who loves my body just to hurt me. After many months I found a person who felt my pain, who helped me to cure my wounds but I lost him too Why Ayappa?" she continued talking but I came inside.

On a serious note I was feeling guilty. Mukti's words echoed in my ear. She was right.

I left the room and knocked on hers. There was no response. I opened the door and went inside locking it. Going towards balcony I was shocked and she was standing on the railing.

"I'm sorry but I can't take this anymore" she was still talking to herself.

With slow steps I went near her. Holding her arm I pulled her towards me.

"Are you mad?" I shouted "What you think you're doing huh? Is this the way to end everything?"

She was continuously crying not getting any idea I hugged her caressing her back.

"Calm down, relax" I was trying my best but she cried even more hugging me tightly.

"It's hurting, hurting everywhere" she said

"Did he hurt you again?" I asked And she nodded

"I had to do what you asked me to he got angry and..."

Because of me?

Fuck!

Alina ❤