12: Fairytale

"Ghost," My voice comes out rather surprisingly calm and light. He gives a nod and pulls a chair in to sit on. He looked at me not saying a single word. It is infuriating. "You need something?"

"Are you alright?" He finally asked his tone reserved and calm, but his eyes held a little sympathy.

"Well... If he is going to die, I'll be here when he does." I state Ghost looked a little shocked— well his eyes did, they widened a little confused.

"You are very strange."

"Charlie would do it for me, He stays until I die." Ghost slightly nods and turns back to Charlie.

"You two made a pact."

"I rather not half another set of dates onto my hands... it's crowded already, and it wouldn't look nice..." I slightly joke, but I doubt he notices. We are part of two different worlds, I know nothing about him and vice versa.

"He told us a little about you," I froze, why would he do that? Of all things? We're not friends.

"Why?"

"I'm not sure." Ghost clears his throat, "He seems to care for you."

"He alluded I was his childhood crush," I tell him with a faint smile.

"Really?"

"Gisele— that name. I was around... 5 or 6 and I performed Giselle the ballet. I was Giselle, and that's how he remembers me." I mumble.

"You used to do ballet?"

"Forced, my mother, wanted a girly daughter, turns out I just wanted to fight my brothers."

"You have brothers?"

"Two— Well had, one passed away due to a drunk driver my other brother— extreme sports enthusiast." Ghost nods along.

"So, your entire family likes to do daring stuff."

"Just me and my brothers... My oldest brother... His name was Charlie, they were in the same grade and same classes. He kinda became my big brother." I explain to a man I doubt even cares about what I have to say. "He liked to Parkour, died when I was 14."

"My younger brother— his name is Sef— Joseph." Ghost froze for a second and I turned to him. By the time I looked over at him, he looked fine. "He likes to do dangerous stunts. He's a stunt performer in Hollywood."

"Why did you join the Marines?"

"I don't know. I didn't have anything planned. I just wanted Diego off the streets."

"Diego?"

"His real name is Diego."

"Back at my unit base, they liked to call us Dora and Diego," I chuckle.

"I have a question," I turned to him, and he arched a brow. "Not to be crass but we're not friends why are you here?"

"If he dies, I don't want you to experience it on your own," my eyes widen.

"Why?"

"Your young and losing the last member of your former unit must be hard—"

"You just wanted to see my breakdown." I bluntly state. I could tell, his refined words could not hide the glint in his eyes. He was scheming. He turns to me a hint of annoyance in his eyes, bingo. I was right.

"Why would you think that?"

"Most people want to see it, they always think Charlie is exaggerating, but he's not." I explain coldly, "I know you see me as a cocky Bastard."