♢5 Sound of Music

"You ready?" I ask Konrad's large back facing me. Before the wedding, he asks to see me in my dress, so he doesn't cry at the altar.

"Of course," he said wistfully.

"You can turn around." He did and immediately his eyes misted over. I felt awkward in such a feminine outfit, but I look great in it. An off-the-shoulder dress with an open back. It was tight around my hips and flared out at the bottom.

"Ich liebe es, dass du wie ein Engel aussiehst," He whispers pushing his tears away. He took my head and kissed them. "Ich bin gesegnet."

I let out a soft chuckle, "Can I kiss you?" He asks.

"That's for the Alter!" Zuri rushes forward and stops him from picking me up and kissing him. Konrad shot her a dirty look but stepped back.

"Alright time for you to hide guess are arriving." I wave him slightly goodbye and walk back into my bridal room. My bridesmaids are Zuri, Audrey, Arabella, and Roach. Roach was in the exact dress as every other girl his hair perfectly stylized. He sat there perfectly confident.

Konrad's father, Anton said he could walk me down the aisle, but I knew who I wanted to walk be down the aisle. I look over to see Charlie in a dark black suit as if in mourning, standing there in solitude and serious as if he's getting into the mental headspace of a father.

"Diego?"

"Mhm?"

"Are you ok?" He turns to me and smiles.

"Of course, I'm just mourning our time, soon you will be a package deal." He sighs, I never want to change my dynamic even if my status is different.

"Our time is our time, unless we need help from an older person, I keep what happens between us, sacred."

"Thank you."

About forty-five minutes passed before every guess had arrived. I turn to my Bridesmaids who give me a nod and walk out to stand at the altar. All of Konrad's grooms were old military friends. One of them Horangi, wearing a mask of course.

"This feels... weird."

"Why?" I turn to Diego.

"I feel like I'm selling you."

"Marriage is a business deal," I state my historical fact.

"Flaca, I am always here if you need me."

The music starts and I grab onto Diego's arm, and we walk out. I almost stumbled, there were so many people, but it was less than a hundred. I hate being the center of attention, but seeing Konrad up there made it easier. I could see the stress in his gaze too.

I am not alone.

My mind is blank as the Officiant begins to talk, I was just staring at Konrad's pocket wear a beautiful red rose was. It looks so perfect. He looked perfect. I see Diego take his seat reach into his pocket and pull out a sheet of paper. It looks thick and heavy... He had a whole essay in his hands.

All of Konrad's friends went first and then mine.

Zuri was the first to speak, "From our days at a wilderness camp to our time in the Marines you are my homegirl. A ride or die, we might not be as close, but I know if times are hard you'll be there." She said with a smile maybe a tear or two, but she was bold and brilliant.

Diego was the last to walk up. He cleared his throat and we all know he was going to be the longest speech. "You hurt her, I kill you; you dishonor her, I kill you; you forsake your marriage to her, I kill you." He begins calmly with no smile, no tone inflection just a full-on dead tone. It was ridiculous as it was scary. "This woman is my best friend, my platonic soulmate, my fry-eating munchkin, I expect you to worship her like a goddess and treat her like a queen, if you don't you die."

That was very dad of him to do. He had summarized everything he wanted to say for our comfort for a small, short ceremony. 141 clapped loudly for him, and so did all my friends. I looked over to see Konrad calm and collected but his eyes said it all, that was a challenge for him to beat.

It was our time.

"Thank you for coming everybody," Konrad said his voice sturdy, but I could tell he was as anxious as me. I couldn't hide my smile; I could barely hold his gaze. "Today is a day I've been eagerly awaiting since the day you saved my life. I do not stand up here as a Colonel or a PMC but as your Husband."

I suck in my lips trying to hide my growing excitement to laugh and to smile, anything to do but feel this growing excitement that borderline of embarrassment. I'm so glad my face is covered in makeup, at least no one can see me flush and frizzled by a man.

"To my Maus, you're far more gorgeous than I have ever realized. I am a lucky man to ever catch your attention. I will spend every waking moment living up to why you chose me, I will do everything to keep you happy and content."

I almost laugh out of pure anxiety, but I bite it back.

"To my beloved Konrad," I begin voice shaky before I steal my nerves and let my voice become bold, "From the first day I met you to the long road of change I never expected to like you. From our late-night talks to eating my cooking, I found solace in your presence. From saving your life and coming to Austria I still believe all bread tastes the same." I said jokingly but I could see the frown on his face.

"I still don't trust your judgment on what is a mountain or a hill, but I love my time here in your home country and town. And without you, I wouldn't be walking." The crowd laughed and a few Austrians mutter about how bread isn't all the same.

Our ring barrier, FishTart walked down the aisle. Konrad takes my ring I take his and FishTart moves to Diego. "Do you, Konrad Schwaiger, take Y/N L/N to be your lawfully wedded spouse?" The officiant asks.

"I do," he said his voice slightly creaking.

"Do you, Y/N L/N, take Konrad Schwaiger to be your Lawdfully wedded spouse?"

"I do!" He put my ring on, and I did the same.

He pulls me close, and our lips connect electricity rushes through my veins as I feel alive for the first time. Oh, how heavenly is it to marry someone you love!

Route Ending: Edelweiss

Song choice: Angel Baby

A/N: I can see König and Y/N marrying and moving to his hometown in Austria for a slow life as they planned. König takes care of Y/N and helps her get used to her new physical disability before going back to his main job (has more free time than the average soldier). Living in a nice small townhouse that gives off Cottagecore vibes.

Also Charlie visits, after becoming a model. He always brings in cute clothes to make König keep the Princess treatment up or he'd sweep Y/N away from the colonel. König still doesn't like Charlie (has a fear he steal Y/N away) but can appreciate if Y/N needs help Charlie be there.

Thank you for reading König's route and if he's who you were reading for then this Fic ends here for you. If you want Ghost's his is the route before this one. 

This is the end!