16: Compliance

No one told Ghost what happened. But Both Gaz and Soap couldn't look at him without giggling. He asked around, but no one told him the truth. It pissed him off that everyone seems to know something.

"Gisele," I look up to see Ghost walking over to me. Hehe, I'm in danger! I give him a curt nod.

"What's going on? Why is everyone laughing at me?"

"Well... I may or may not have mimicked your voice for Gaz, Soap, Roach, Charlie, and... Captain Price's amusement."

"Why?" He folds his arms.

"Because I was asked to do it."

"Do you do everything you're asked to do?"

"Well... to some extent yes." It's something I'm not very proud to say, something I'm told to keep quiet for my own safety. I'm very gullible, if you say something with enough confidence I might take it for word— I'm not the most critical person when it comes to facts.

I was once a people pleaser, and still am. For whom I thought were my friends I do anything for— turns out they were just using me. Charlie though likes to use my gullibility against me he has never once abused my people-pleaser side. I had to burn that innocent trusting child to the ground to keep me safe.

Neurotypical people can be very cruel, they have no sense of justice if they weren't being watched many would commit a crime. Why am I weird for having a sense of justice? A sense of righteousness?

"What are you? Brainless?" He asked with a slight sneer. I glare at him, Neurotypical idiot.

Punch him— DON'T!

I look at him up and down I feel my chest constricted as an unsettling rage seeps in. I'm not dumb! I'm not!

I'm stupid, not dumb.

I'm just wired differently... I am not brainless! I let out a deep sign trying to let go of this building dam, this building rage. I breathe in sharply and let out a long breath.

"Are you calling me dumb?" I asked trying to keep my voice calm— I know it comes off as condescending when I try to be calm but why should I give him anything less than condescending?

"You're being a brat."

"Everything is bratty to you." I cross my arms.

"Lay off," I look over to see Soap walking in. "It was just a joke," he said walking in between us.

"She's being a brat."

"You just called her dumb, mate lay off, I asked her to do it." Soap admits. I eyed the two they had a slight stand-off. I get up and walk off, I'm not going to let this edge lord degrade me.

"Hey— Why are you so mad?" I look over to see Charlie playing Mario Cart with Gaz and Roach.

"Mr. I am edge lord over there just called me dumb." Charlie pauses the game and turns to me.

"Really?" Charlie asked his brows raised in disbelief.

"Yup."

"Is he picking a fight?" Charlie stands up ready to beat the living shit out of Ghost.

"I believe so."

"Huh," Charlie started walking fast. It only took me looking at Gaz for the other two to bolt up and run after Charlie.

"Don't do something stupid man," Gaz grabs onto Charlie's right arm pulling him back, and Roach grabs his other arm. "He'll crush you."

"Motherfucker can try!" I follow after him, Charlie might not look like it, but he has a sleeper build. He doesn't wear clothes that help accentuate his muscles, he likes baggy streetwear.