37: Fatherless Behavior

As the days pass, Ghost, Roach, Gaz, and the damn Colonel were surveying the explosion sight. It cripples a street in London, the street and building above caved in. A few people died; it was a clear terrorist attack. I sat next to Soap, and Price watching the news. My foot was indeed broken.

"Why hasn't the government addressed this?" I voice.

"They want to know everything before speaking," Price said huffing on his cigar. I was struggling to act like the smoke wasn't murdering my lungs. I lasted two seconds before coughing loudly and turning to Price.

"Are you trying to kill me?" I ask trying to speak without coughing in his face.

"You can't handle a little smoke?"

"I don't want to catch cancer from your problem," I state.

"Don't be rude to your captain," Charlie stated loudly.

"I'm being truthful."

"Then say it nicer?"

"Why? Price isn't a fragile man!" I snap back, "Are you?" I turn to him.

"No."

"Good, now stop smoking old man, I'm going to die." He let out a chuckle and stubbed his cigar out.

"Good luck," I look over to see Charlie fully back.

"Sit your ass down, you ain't leaving!" I snap.

"I have to go, it's orders," He sighs.

"Nuh-uh."

"Don't Nuh-uh me."

"Nuh-uh!"

"I can't stay Flaca! I have to go—"

"Price is Laswell still here?"

"Yeah? Why?"

"I'm going to cry and emotionally manipulate her into getting Charlie to stay." Soap looks over with a strange glint in his eyes, true amusement.

"Now I have to see that!" He smiles and stands up. We b-lined it to Laswell's station. She looks up at us confused.

"Laswell, Charlie is staying." I start off, holding my hands in front of me.

"He can't stay you know that."

"He stays or I may or may not commit heinous war crimes against König and Ghost."

"Elaborate," Laswell folds her arm.

"I will psychologically traumatize them and destroy team relations. If I'm miserable everyone will suffer. My emotional support Latino stays! He knows me like the back of his hand, with him I won't have a broken foot, or shot." I state in the most sarcastic tone.

"Don't say it like that, you sound like a brat," Charlie said patting me on the head.

"Good because if the answer is no, I will throw a tantrum and trash this place, I can and will be the biggest pain in your ass!" I state looking right past Laswell, I didn't look her in the face just stare right in front of me.

"You're not going to take no for an answer," Laswell slowly stated her eyes on me like a hawk.

"Look, Kate," my eyes drop to hers, "the two times I nearly died weren't my fault, my teammates don't trust my intuition. If I get injured when I'm with Charlie, it will be my fault." Laswell let out a loud sigh and looked at me, she looked tired.

"I know neurotypical psychology; you can't trick me. Unless you torture me— I won't fold."

"You're overconfident."