52: Service Dog

Ghost looks down at her, he can't keep her out of his mind. He didn't like her, but he couldn't help but be attracted to her. Her personality was grading on the soul, but in some moments, she was incredibly different, gentler, kinder, sweeter... Never once has that shield dropped, she's always hypervigilant.

Though she said she feels little empathy, the fact she spent all night figuring out Makarov's plan said otherwise. She's smart but very brash. Maybe it's the generational differences... She was oddly obedient after confessing her distaste for them. She fell asleep in her seat, honestly, she was like any other Marines he'd met— Sleeping anywhere and everywhere.

He gently picked her up. She was light just as he expected, no wonder König picked her up with zero concern. She had the faint smell of floral notes and an undertone of woody scent. She smelled very nice.

He carried her out of the office. They ran into Charlie and the others, they looked at him strangely. "Where's her room?"

"I can take her—"

"Where's her room?" Charlie quirks his brow before smiling.

"Her room is in the 8th resident hall, she rooms by herself with her service dog."

"Why does she have a service dog?" Ghost asks.

"She is disabled and needs one to function in a crowded."

"She doesn't look disabled to me." Charlie chuckles, and folds his arms, shaking his head.

"I'm disabled," He states.

"Autism, ADHD, anxiety, depression, chronic pain, Bipolar disorders, Personality disorders— those are disability. " Charlie lists calmly, "Maybe to you, she doesn't seem that bad— but it's bad enough that she needs a service dog. Not all autism is severe, but every autistic person feels their autism hard, it affects their life badly."

"Depression is a disability?" Soap asks.

"Depression gets so bad you kill yourself Soap," Charlie looks at him like he's stupid. "Personally, my ADHD disabled me to the point I almost failed school every year until I was diagnosed. Without my medication, I'm falling apart."

"Why does it seem like everyone in your generation has a problem?" Ghost asks, tiredly.

"Well besides generational trauma, current trauma, and our parents— it's more people being diagnosed, the amount never changes." Charlie answered, "Now go take her back to her room, she's suffered long enough with you." He jokes.

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

Charlie watches as Ghost leaves with Gisele in his arms, like a knight in tactical armor. He snickers to himself and turns back to the sergeants with a smirk. Gaz arches a brow, but Soap gives him a knowing smile. Roach just stared at the disappearing figure of Ghost.

"Did you see that, boys?"

"See what?" Roach's Leeloo app spoke up.

"That man is smitten, crushing!"

"Your reaching mate," Gaz smacked his arm.

"No, I see it, he didn't let her go when you offered." Soap adds in.

"You two are mistaken—"

"König likes her too," Roach adds in.

"I—oop," Charlie's face contorts, "At least it's not one of you." He sighs before laughing.

"Why?" Gaz looks down at the younger man.

"Because we could no longer be friends, I have to be loyal to her first, and for most, the same thing with me, she won't be friends with any of my girlfriends."