30: Unsafe Place

"Hey, wake up," My eyes shot open, and I looked around before exhaustion hit me like truck-kun. I look up to see Charlie and the other sergeants in my room. I frown, they weren't invited. I was about to yell at them but the look on Charlie's face shut me up. "I'm off the team."

'What?' I sit up already getting upset.

"Don't do this," He sighs and looks down at me, "we both knew I wasn't the recruit you were. It's my time to go." I began to pout; I just couldn't help but be upset. I know this is irrational, but I can't let him go not now!

"Relax Soap, Gaz, and Roach will help you out as much as they can."

'I don't want them I want you.' I sign jabbing my finger into his chest with emphasis. I feel my face flush with anxiety a cold sweat down my spine.

"Me and Soap talk with Charlie, I'm confident we can help you," Gaz steps forward trying to redirect the conversation.

"You also have that app."

'App?'

"Leeloo." I grimace, that app. I roll my eyes to which Charlie flicks me on the forehead.

"What's Leeloo?" Soap asks

"Leeloo is an app that is made for mute or autistic users to speak." Soap and Gaz looked at each other for a second before they turned to me.

"You had that resource the entire time?" Gaz shouted. I wince and look over to see them look pretty annoyed whilst Roach looks pretty excited.

'How do you spell it?' Roach signs to me.

'L E E L O O.' I ASL it to him, he gives me a thumbs up and pulls out his phone.

"Why don't you use it?"

"Because I'm here," Charlie sighs, "It's illogical to her."

"But the other... it's simpler." Gaz mulled it over.

"Simpler doesn't equal logical. she's very set in her ways. Gaz nods as if he's putting it together.

I stared at Charlie— his back was broad, and I could see his muscles ripple under his shirt. My lips were pursed angrily as I stared at him. He looked over his shoulder, and sighed, "Glaring at me won't make me stay."

'I'm mad.' I sign angrily.

"I can tell." He picked up his things and patted me on the head, "Don't bite the sergeants' heads off, they're trying to help." He gives me one last wave and walks off leaving me in this shit hole alone.

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

Ghost and König stared at me like I was a burden... maybe I am. They judged me the moment we walked into the base after waving Charlie goodbye. I storm past them and finally get something to eat.

"Alright," Price said walking into the main room, "We will be splitting up to find these missiles." I look over a bagel in my mouth.

"Soap you'll take Horangi and Roach and follow the missile to Asia. Me and Gaz will meet up with Farah Urzikstan. The three of you guys will follow the Russian lead." I kept my face featureless but deep down I hated it. Stuck with two men who hate me? No thanks.

I look over to find Ghost gazing at me, a strange glint in his eyes. I can tell... this was his idea, just from the way he's acting. I look over to see the Colonel looking at me too. I sigh and finish my bagel.

I walk back to my bunk and notice an open door; I peer in a few Russian soldiers are gathered around talking quietly. I poked my head in, and they stopped speaking. They turn to me... where's my room? I look around the base and this one patch gains my attention; it has a white head—

"Do you need something?"

"I forgot where my room is," I said. One of them walked up and pointed me to the right way.

Something is off...

I don't like this.

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

The next day we were off. Though I am autistic I am hyper-aware of awkwardness. I get secondhand embarrassment from movies and shows its nearly comical how fast I run away from awkwardness. I'm glad I wear a mask, at least the two can't see my agony and pain.

I look over at the Russian soldiers, one looks over and waves to me. I give him a curt nod and turn away. I look down at my gun and begin to mentally take it apart and put it back together— bored is my worst enemy.

We get out and look down at the building. It was an old, abandoned factory, big and run down. I look over to the Russian soldiers. I studied them there were two main groups. The main mass and a team of 5. They stick to each other and stare at us with intensity.

I walk over to the Colonel and Ghost phone in hand. 'I don't trust those 5,' I wrote down and showed it to both men. They read it and looked up behind me.

"Why?" König asks folding his arm.

'Intuition and they're very cagey,' I write back.

"Those are the Russian's special task force," Ghost spoke up. I look back at them.

'Alright.' I text out and walk off.

The building didn't look fortified. It truly looks like it was a Cold War building left to rot forever. We moved the Russian troops walking in front of us. I stayed back my rifle less useful if I was on the front lines. The building wasn't fortified, empty.

We continue to move through the room until we reach the biggest room. The ceiling was gone, open for the world to look down upon. There, in the middle of the room were missiles, pointed up ready for launch.

The Russian soldiers move forward. Looking at the weapons, checking them for any distinguished marks.

"It's American!" Someone shouts I look over... weren't there more? I look around, and the number of Russian soldiers is low... maybe they're waiting outside or... Something.

I stayed back, I know very little of missiles. I watch as the Russian military dismantle the missiles. We begin we walk away from it... it wasn't a nuclear missile just a regular missile. I walk out of the room.

The building seems empty as if it was just us. I look back into the room. Ghost turns around to face me, has he noticed?

A few minutes later the two men joined me as we walked out of the building. The Russian army will send more men out to fully deactivate the missiles. They will be sending a message to the CIA about this. How did it get there?

As we walk out of the building...

I don't like this.