62: Rain Man

The music played in our earbuds as he slowly swung me around, it felt like a pure fantasy, like a dark masquerade at night. The bright lights illuminated the raindrops. Charlie spun me and I never felt more alive.

"Bruv, when did you learn to dance," Charlie looks over to Gaz.

"She dragged me to swing dancing, improv dancing, ballroom dancing, tango, in high school. It's pretty fun."

"Cheesy as fuck," Gaz blast Charlie in the face and I knew their competitive nature kicked in. Charlie ran up grapes a water gun and then continued.

Tap tap.

I look over to see Roach extend a hand waiting for me to take it. With a small curtsy and giggle, I begin to dance with him to a music only I can hear. I didn't know Roach knew how to do the basic dance, but it was sweet.

He was quickly dragged away by Charlie since two-on-one is unfair. It was some intense fight, but when everyone is wet you can't tell who is winning.

"Need a partner, dear?" I look over to see Graves walking up to me.

"No, how to dance?"

"Know how to swing dance?" He asks back. I nodded and he took my waist.

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

Ghost watches with a frown, should he ask for a dance, their relationship had gotten better but was close enough to dance. It seems so fun so pure, so... gentle. He felt a hateful hunger grow in him. He steps forward his head getting wet, before freezing. They look so good dancing, with natural chemistry.

Doubt set in fast, Graves has all the charm he does not, and she looks so content dancing with him. In the chaos of the sergeant, they look like a sweet couple.

"Go ask her," Rodolfo spoke up, Ghost turned to him. "I see you looking."

"They stand out."

"The worst she can do is reject you." He spoke up.

Maybe he will.

Her hair stuck to her skin, as water glistened off her, and her dress clung to her figure showing off her hip and bust. She had such a lovely figure. She did act differently like a weight had been lifted off her and this is truly who she is, a free bird dancing in the sky.

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

König turns back to her; he sees the look in Ghost's eyes, and he feels the same. He had two left feet and never got the hang of dancing, but he'd like to swing her around in the moonlight. She had such a magnificent aura to her as she moved, confident and sweet.

But he also knew she didn't really like him. Y/N didn't really like him, and he could say the same thing. She's attractive but... a little hard to swallow.

It was raining hard, and she looked so frail in that dress, she'd definitely catch a cold.

"You like her to colonel?" Rodolfo asked him

"She's pretty."

"Indeed."

Graves was hit in the head by a water gun. He looks over the irritation on his rugged face. There behind him was Soap and Charlie throwing punches at each other, clearly it got too heated.

"Alright champs," Graves clapped his hands and walked towards them. I see Rudy walking to them too, ready to break them up.

"When did you learn to dance?" I look over to see Ghost and König standing right behind me.

"We'll Beau taught me and then I dragged Charlie to dance with me." I smile, I felt so... free even with such a shitty moment ago I felt... light. Like nothing could stick to me.

"You like dancing?" König asks.

"Yeah, it's fun. My favorite is improv swing dancing. I suck at random partners." I explain.

"Random partners?" They both said.

"You can do swing dancing and sometimes to improve improv you switch partners randomly and dance, it's quite fun." I laugh seeing the shock in their eyes.

"There must be a lot of old people—"

"No, their young people there too." They both look extremely surprised; I giggle at them. A world they never knew.

"You seem very happy," König notes, and I look up at him.

König's heart stuttered a beat seeing her innocent eyes peer up at him like that, he quickly looked away and rested his hands on his vest. "We... I finally got what I wanted." She beams.

"That is?"

"An investigation into Trinity Wilderness Therapy, the past never dies and since we don't have a limit to crime, I want to see all those fuckers in jail, rotting." König and Ghost nod.

"That ego death must have done something," Ghost brought up. She shrugs and looks at them.

"Have you ever derealized, depersonalized, and dissociated all at once?" She asks as if she's asking them if they ever had that key lime pie. They shook their head no.

"Every person has three phases in them. The confused child, the angry teenager, and the tired adult. And what you must do is confront each feeling from each sphere of life and move on." She looks back to the fight in front of them.

"I simply realize it wasn't my fault, nor am I that weak again. I am who I am because my younger self needed that, and I'm far stronger than in those years." She turns back to them and smiles.

"But just because I realize this doesn't mean I won't have my moments and backslide, recover is never linear it's always complex, it was linear, PTSD be fixable." She sways to the music she and Charlie could hear. Their earbuds play such waltzing music.

"You were brave out there—"

"No, I was angry and vengeful," she turned to Ghost, "Bravery isn't that. Bravery is being able to face them and end that circus show because there was no need to get the vendetta finished. He nods and looks down at her.

It seems like she was maturing in his eyes so quickly, how she came to this realization was beyond either of them. "You must think a lot," Ghost said.

"I use intellectualism to cope with my trauma and have others to talk to about it, to vary and confirm your emotions help." She tilts her head.

"I like girls because they will immediately validate your feelings with their reaction. They make you feel sane on the other hand men go straight to the solution. Both are needed but validate this feeling I have. At that moment I don't need solutions I need confirmation, you know?" She looks at them again, a hint of a smile.

They turn to each other, what do they say? They looked back at her, but she was already walking to the group before her, Rudy had separated everyone. Graves was wiping his face touching it slightly as a bruise was forming. Soap and Gaz look satisfied. And Charlie lay on the ground staring up.