♢1 Bright as the Sun

"¡A la mierda la lluvia!" Charlie's voice shouts as the Safe House's door is pushed open, behind him Alejandro and Rudy walk soaked to the bone. They all look so... crusty like a wet stinky cat.

"You're late," I said looking Charlie up and down. My relief was drowned by my irritation that Charlie made me worry.

"Flaca, piss off," Charlie growls and walk off most likely looking for food.

"Found anything?" Price was up with Graves next to him. We all gathered together, and I looked over to see König standing behind me.

"Ready Maus?" he asks me, I nod.

"We found Makarov in Sinaloa, we found some of the missiles. You were right Gisele," Alejandro nods to me, "they are building it."

"First we should do some scouting," they all turn to me, and I sigh, but nod.

"We believe they are building their missiles in an abandoned neighborhood, that the cartel cleared out a while ago. I nod and look around.

"I like to take Gaz and Soap with me," I speak up, "back up, just in case." Soap nodded and grabbed his gun.

"Alright," Price grunts out. Tomorrow, we roll out, let's get some rest.

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

I look over at Gaz and Soap on either side of me. We slowly climbed through the forest and crept onto the side of the neighborhood. Soap and Gaz begin to look into each house trying to see if there are any weapon stashes, people, or hostages.

There was one big building and Gaz, and I immediately knew the missile was being housed there. It looked like an old warehouse. I climb onto a building crawling on the roof. There were a few people in the heart of the neighborhood.

"Gaz Soap stay where you are there are men in a few feet in front of you," I say quietly into my radio.

I watched them as they walked around, with no true pattern or order. I turned to the warehouse and could see it was crawling with people. I scuttle off the room and inch my way to the warehouse and peer in. I look up and curse, they had a cave in the roof for easier access for the missile.

There was a cartel amount of people. I studied them, most weren't hiding their face. Those that did were cartel members. I counted about 20 cartels. I turned to the militiamen, there was a small army. I turn back and move into the forest.

The forest was small with traps, I could tell by the overturned soil and trip wires. "Stay out of the forest their traps," I say into the radio.

"Dude, where are you?"

"Um... like 50 feet from the warehouse."

"Teleporter..." I hear Soap grumble, "Get back to us alive I hate to have to tell Charlie you got yourself killed by stupidity." I creak a smile and inch my way back to them.

¡Compruébalo allí!" My eyes widen, and I scramble up a tree, pressing myself against the trunk. A few cartel men walk in and pass me.

I waited an hour for my own sake and for a higher chance of freedom. By the time I got back to Soap and Gaz, they looked like they were about to go looking for me. Gaz smiles while Soap glares at me. "Where were you?"

"Cartel walking in my area." I reply, "Let's get back they have like a workforce building that missile." both nod and we speed walk out of the neighborhood to the armored car parked and waiting for us.

"Soldiers, what did you find?" Graves asks.

"Cartels, traps, And Konni group men." Graves nods and everyone gathers around us. Alejandro reappeared with a map of the area.

"In the outskirts, there weren't many guards, but I think they might. The forest had traps, and the warehouse roof is gone." I point.

"The houses we searched were empty but the houses closest to the warehouse might be rigged," Gaz spoke up.

"Good work," Price gives each one of us a good old dad pat on the shoulder. Charlie walked up to me freshly washed and less... soggy.

"What?" I looked him up and down his hair was longer...

"Are you emo?" I tease.

"Fuck you."

"Grouchy?" He grabbed my head and twisted it back to the table where the planning was happening.

"Oi," I look over to see Charlie looking at me, "don't die."

"You too," he rolls his eyes and turns to Roach.

"Keep her safe." Roach nods and we split our ways. Me and Roach would be the last group trying to infiltrate the warehouse to look for Makarov.

I look at Roach and we fist bump and begin to walk through the forest about a mile away. We were planning on moving to the warehouse from the back. On the other side Price's team will be confronting the militiamen and Alejandro's group is aiming for the Cartel, to get two birds with one stone.

Things went sideways quickly. They were waiting for us.

I stumble across the forested doors, bullets rain around me. I got low and rushed to the nearest cover. My heart races loudly, my mind is clouded with thoughts. I looked back and couldn't find Roach.

"Shit," I try calling in but I got nothing in reply. I pushed forward and soon got into the warehouse area. I soon was attacked by some Cartel members and fled into a small little house. I hid behind the wall as bullets pierced through the walls and opened doors and windows. To my surprise, I was not hit.

Before I could sit up and begin to shoot back more gunfire pierced through the walls once more. Soon König stumbled in, holding his arm, and cursing under his breath in German. He noticed me and crouched down; he took position at the other window as we shot out. The shouting was insane, all the languages didn't register in my head.

I felt Spanish in my soul, I thought König's German was English in a strong accent, and what the fuck was Soap saying, he was speaking nonsense! In all, I couldn't understand all the shouting, and I hoped the shouting wasn't for me to follow.

Tick tick tick.

"Colonel..." I called out as the sound of a bomb found my attention.

"What?" he shouts looking over at me. The gunfire fell silent.

Tick!

I tackled him, he fell out of the door window. It was a millisecond, but it felt like a full eternity.

Boom!

We flew.

Fire and debris consumed us.