33: Heart Line

It hurts!

It burns!

Is this what it means to fear death?

My skin bubbles and melts as the fire burns hotly on me. The ropes held me down as I knew my body would be consumed by fire.

Charlie! Save me!

It hurts!

Beep beep beep.

My eyes slowly open and I gaze around seeing nothing but white.

I'm dead. I've died... Charlie.

Beep... Beep... Beep.

My body felt heavy, my muscles felt dead. I gaze around trying to feel if I'm alive. I try to sit up and my body screams from pain. I groan and try to turn my head— sharp pain stings in my neck.

I feel tears prickle in my eyes. There is a full pain in my body. I felt frozen and stuck and claustrophobic, my shallow breath grew ragged— it hurt to breathe. I let out another groan— it was tittering on a whiny cry.

"Monkey," my eyes dart over to the side as Charlie's face comes into my view. He looked ragged— tired and manic. "Thank God!" He sighs gripping my hand as he sinks down in his seat.

"I thought I lost you," he mutters giving my hand a soft kiss. "Dios te salve, María, llena eres de gracia, el Señor es contigo," he mumbles.

"What happened?" I ask my memory a little muddled.

"You were shot twice Flaca." Charlie mumbles pushing his hair out of his face, " You died twice too." I stare at him dumbly... Did I die?

"You lost a lot of blood," I nod slightly. "You went into cardiac twice due to the blood loss... Good thing we have the same blood type."

What?

"I donated some of my blood."

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

Days pass as the pain slowly subsides. My voice was still gone, but I could slowly sign to people. Charlie stayed with me both König and Ghost came in and out asking me questions.

"What does this mean to you?" Ghost asks showing the bird patch.

"Yeah, we do," Charlie spoke up.

"You both know?" König asks arms folded.

"Yeah, that patch— we have history with it." Charlie sighs, "That team is from the Konni PMC, they killed our last squad." I nod along.

"They left me alive the first time, this time— well I survived out of dumb luck." I type on my phone letting Leeloo speak for me. Ghost and König nod.

"Konni Group— they are working with Makarov. That company if my research was right was made by Milena Romanova." Charlie told the two. They nod and turn back to me.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like I got railed in the ass."

"Monkey! What did we talk about the weird shit you say?" Charlie turns to me with a chastising tone. I shrug and look away— I held back. The two masked men watched on with slight amusement, watching the two youngsters talking was quite entertaining.

"Look I had a worse response," I type out for Charlie to hear.

"How worse?" I typed it out and showed it to Charlie... "That is worse..." He leans back looking at me.

"Charlie, come with us, we need to locate this PMC." Ghost spoke up.

"I'm not leaving her here alone," Charlie told him sternly. "I know this is important but unless she's out of Russia I'll go with you..."

"Don't be irrational—"

"She is being hunted— we are being hunted! this is not irrational!" Charlie snaps back standing up to face the two men.

"Go," I spoke up surprising everyone in the room. I sit up with a little difficulty and look at them. "They need you, go."

"You're in danger—"

"Give me a gun and I'll be ok." Charlie stares at me before sighing and silently agreeing.

ᔕᔕᔕ≼∴≽ᔕᔕᔕ

Days passed and I was under military protection, I won't lie I don't trust them— I barely trust my own government, what makes these fools I trust them? They watched me like a hawk... something is off about them. The nurses came and went, not checked and free to come in or out.

I was able to get into contact with Captain Price, he was pretty upset about me being shot, so I caught him up with what we discovered. I warned him about the bird patch apparently the bird is an Emperor Goose, and the fact they were part of the Konni PMC.

By the 5th night at the hospital, I was exhausted from being alert. Thanks to my insomnia I stayed up for a few days without my sleeping meds. But now I couldn't. As I drift off into sleep a nurse enters my room. My eyes flew open, and I looked at her.

She pulled out a knife and lunged at me. I bolt up gripping her arm and shakily push her arm away. I kick my blankets off the scuffle bringing in more guards. I look at them— Emperor Goose in their arms. I twist my body pulling the knife away and place it against her neck.

"Step back," I tell them lowering my voice slightly. Their guns are drawn to me, ready to shoot. God damn, I get no break. I Stabbed the woman in the sternum and shoved her to them. I lung for the bed pulling out a pistol and pointing at the nearest person.

I Shot the first one in the face, the second one in the chest, the third in the stomach and head. The fourth pulled his trigger and I ran for it out of the room. To my shock, I crash straight into Soap.

"Oh lass," his strong accent calming me down. Shots fly towards us from my hospital bed. Soap yanks me out of the way hiding against the wall. "What the fuck is going on?"

"Assassins!" I snap. Roach slowly leans around the hall gun pointed. He rushes out shooting the last one dead. "A nurse tried to kill me," I said sitting down exhausted.

"Your dangerous even injured," Horangi said looking down at me. Soap's group was the first to be done, besides my team but we didn't do much.

"How have you been?" Soap asks after coming back from my destroyed hospital room. Other patients walked out as more nurses came to investigate the noise.

"Besides nearly dying— I'm a little disappointed," I state looking at Soap.

"Why?"

"A low-key upset I didn't die, High-key wanna die." Soap and Roach turn to me with wide eyes and shock.

"Are you trying to tell us something?" Soap cautiously asks.

"I'm tired."