57: Midnight Snack

Clink clink clink.

König walks into the kitchen, his body hasn't gotten used to the time difference. He was wide awake. To his surprise, he found Gisele at the kitchen headphone one humming a little tune. He knew the tune, a German song. He leans against the door frame arms folded.

Gisele is oddly hopping around, contorting her body into weird positions and flapping her arms around. She didn't even notice he was standing there. The kitchen was messy, with pots, and trays all laid out. He walked in silently and peered over her shoulder, she was making a Macarons at 2 in the morning.

She was making strange vocal sounds, like vocal warm-ups. Running through notes, it was incredibly beautiful. She continued to flap her arm around and hopped back in forth, rocking as she did so. It was like watching a child on caffeine for the first time.

"What are you doing corporal?" He asks, she jumps and turns around staring at him, eyes wide.

"My life is falling apart, Soap stole my bed, and Roach stole Charlie from me, so I'm hungry."

"I haven't seen you in hours," König hums walking in.

"Well, life and the government decided to rail me at the same time." König frowns and looks strangely.

"What?"

"Yeah, I haven't slept in a few days." She chuckles strangely and goes back to piping cookies.

"You want one?" She asks. König arches a brow, she's oddly polite.

"What flavor are they?" She looked over and thought for a second.

"Nut flavor," he turned to her brows pinched together. She looked at him with those innocent eyes that almost distracted him from what she said.

"Would you like to repeat that?"

"Their nut flavored," She repeats slowly, she squints at him confusion written all over her face. It dawned on him, that she didn't know. "There just almond nut flavored..." She said slowly.

König chuckles loudly, he looks down at her, she looks so confused like a lost kitten, or raccoon trying to wash cotton candy. He leans down slightly looking into her perplexed eyes. "Are you this oblivious corporal?"

"Well, I am autistic, so things do go over my head." She answers, honestly.

"Indeed, you're a tad slow." She glares at him.

"I have never met a man as stupid as he is tall," She retorts, König's smile drops, and he looks down at her. She looks rather cute pouting. She had... very nice soft-looking lips. he could kiss her...

"I'm just saying Maus the fact you still haven't figured it out is rather cute."

"I am not cute!" She stomps her feet.

"Yet you're thumping like a bunny." He teases her, patting her on the head. She gave him a nasty glare, which only caused him to chuckle some more.

"I can still rip out your eyes!" She threatens like a hissing kitten.

"Try—"

She launches at him climbing his body like a tree until her legs are around his neck. She bent forward peering into his eyes, "The taller you are the harder you fall." She smirks. König could smell the scent of sugar that clings to her body, her legs were rather comfortable around his head. He could get used to this feeling.

König calmly reaches up and pulls her off of him. His hands under her arm he held her out like a wet cat. She struggled for a while before falling still, König couldn't hide the wide smirk on his face. She's so cute struggling.