36: BOOM!

My face flushed, and this eerie pain in my chest grew. I felt my throat close up. This is pure dread. I looked up at the Colonel he looked shocked too. The radio died, leaving nothing but my heartbeat in my ears.

"Come Corporal," König said tone calm and collected. My mouth falls open, but I shakily walk after him. I was keenly aware of everything. I could smell the old murky stagnant water that collects in this damn relic of the past, I can hear in the distance the rumble of trains and the sound of the city. The lights in this ruined place were bright and loud.

As we walked, I felt my head buzzing to the crippling sound of that high pitch sound. I stopped walking and groaned in pain. "What now Corporal?" I hear the Austrian sigh.

"Can't you hear that?" I ask.

"I hear nothing—"

"... Never mind." I continue to follow him, covering my ears face contorting into pure pain. This is autistic hell. I feel my chest rise and fall heaving with anguish. I wanted to scream to cry. To scratch at my itchy skin. I felt gross... so gross.

"Will you stop being dramatic," the Colonel said with pure contentment in his tone. I look at him. He pulls my hands away from my ears.

Kill him!

I feel the heat in my face flare into a fire. I want to scream at him. Why does he hate me so much?

I AM NOT A BRATTY CHILD!

Beep... beep... beep.

My eyes widen.

"Charlie, did you get the bomb?" I hear Gaz asks over the radio.

"Just in time ran into some goons."

Shit.

"Run!" I turn around and begin to run, I look over to see the Colonel looking at me. I turn around grab him by the arm and begin to drag him.

"What are you doing?" He snaps.

"Bomb goes boom!" I manage to shout my mind in full-on disarray.

BOOM!

We were thrown. My head smashes into the ground, my helmet protecting me from the worst of the hit. my vision doubles as I try to sit up. I look over to see the Colonel on the ground. I try to stand up— a sharp pain shoots into my foot. I look down at a large slab of concrete and brick piled on top.

My eyes steady and I try to push them off. It was heavy too heavy for me. I look back at the König and begin to shake him. I smack him in the head. He didn't move. I groan and look up. Large creaks form in the ceiling. They grew larger and I knew the ceiling would fall.

"Colonel!" I yell.

"König!" I reach for his hood; I'll yank it off! His hands flew fast grabbing my forearm, fully encasing my arm. He sat up slowly blinking rapidly.

"Scheiße." He looked at me squinting. "How did you know?" He growls eyes narrowing at me. I could see the gears turning in his head.

"I heard it," I tell him my eyes flickering up to the ceiling. I could hear it creaking and could see it bowing down towards us. it's going to fall!

"My foot is stuck, the ceiling is going to fall, help me," I said. He gets up and lifts the rubble off my feet. I stand up and stumble forward.

Creak!

Behind us, the tunnel begins to collapse. König grabbed me and took off running. I felt my heartbeat roaring to life as the ceiling fell behind us. It began to fall faster, and it was right on our heels.