rules.

I sat in my room uncomfortably with Joey. joey was going on and on about how we would get married in the future and have "beautiful children" and shit.

but personally, I wouldn't like to reproduce with someone who can't even keep his pockets clean.

I kept drifting off to look out the window or something. I was trying to listen to what he had to say but at the same time, that shit was boring.

I wouldnt've been surprised if someone said this guy was drunk while speaking cause some things he was saying was really unbelievable. like really weird.

"...annnnd we're gonna name our child after my ma!  Cindi! and...princess?!? are you even listening?!" I flinched at his sudden change of tone and I immediately placed my eyes back on him.

"mhm!" I lied.

"no, you weren't! you were looking over there!" he got up and stood in front of the window where I was staring before. "what's so important about over here?!?" he put his hands on his hips and stood in a victory pose.

like he had just found a whole lotta gold or something.

I got up and walked over to where he was. "Be careful. you might break my dresser." I said standing beside him. 

I heard talking downstairs.  I heard my mom's voice and this...southern accent or something.

"oh can you believe it!" my mother shouted from downstairs. I stopped what I WAS about to do and started going downstairs.

joey, as the simp he is started following me. 

"ah, Katherine!" this blonde woman with the brightest blue eyes I've ever seen said. kinda looked like Joey.

joey gasped. "Ma!"  well that explains the similarity...

I examined the woman while she hugged Joey. She had freckles all over her face. kind of like Joey except Joey only has a bit of freckles on his face.

the woman had a long blue dress on with some black shoes.

when they stopped hugging the woman went on to hug me. 

"oh how much you've grown since I last saw you!" she said. 

"oh cmon Cindi she's just around your boy's age!" my mom said from the couch.

'please make this stop' I thought as she stopped hugging me to turn to my mom.

"She is only a year younger! I bet ya she'll be drivin' this year! just like my eldest!" Joey's mom said. or should I say 'Cindi' 

"Katherine say something dear!" my mom mumbled to me. shoving my shoulder.

"uh..hi..cindi.." I said as I  started to bow. the royal requirement when you meet someone new. 

what I did when I met Shelby...

my mom immediately looked at me with a face. I couldn't tell the expression though.

cindi and Joey sat on the couch with that same face.

I looked around wondering what I did.

the silence was so loud. too loud for my ears.

my mom did an awkward chuckle breaking the silence. "sorry about that. we'll be back" she said grabbing my hand aggressively and taking me upstairs.

I didn't understand what I had done and how I made them mad but I guess I did.

once we were away from ear reach she spoke. "Katherine, have you forgotten the rules?!" 

my eyes widened. "what..rules...?"