some rules and a party.

"KATHERIIINEEE!" Joey shouted rapidly knocking on the door.  which woke me up pretty easily. 

I jumped up and immediately awoke from my sleep. realizing I had just fallen asleep on the bathroom floor. 

I let out a shaky sigh before answering the desperate boy. "y-yeah I'll be out in a bit!"  once i was sure he was out of ear reach I threw my head back and groaned.

what the hell was I doing? 

soon, I got up and opened the door. multiple people and the smell of pure sweat hit me as I walked through the house. I don't know how I didn't notice from the bright lights, loud music, or loud talking but it was a party.

mostly little boys from the age of 5-13. that explains the smell!

everyone gasped at my sight as if they'd never seen me before. of course, some had never like the middle school boys (thank god) or some of the girls. others did.

about everyone else did. 

"Princess Katherine! how nice of you to join us!" my mom announced. i rolled my eyes. despite me being her daughter she still feels the need to address me in royal terms when we're around people. 

(FORGIVE ME FOR CHANGING THE MOMS NAME SO MUCH)

3 other ladies were standing around her. they were now looking at me. "hi!..." Mom told me to practice addressing her in royal terms too. "...queen... Katrina..." 

I tried to put on a believable smile but inside I was dying. why the hell were so many people at my house? there's no holiday today, no birthday, hell, not even a random house party! 

the 3 ladies immediately came up to me and shook my hand. they introduced themselves as Lillian, Jill, and Yasmine. 

"I've heard about you and Joey!!" Yasmine excitedly said right after she shook my hand. "It's so nice you've fallen out of that...delusion that witch put on you!" 

my eyebrows furrowed and I suddenly found the unnecessary urge to protest. "it wasn't a delusion!" I shouted. 

at that moment, all eyes landed on me. but I didn't care. how dare she call it a delusion?!? it wasn't a delusion! everyone always assumes witches are 'the devil's creatures' and being homosexual in this town is fucking hell. if they don't harass you for ages, they kill you. 

I was just lucky enough not to get the death penalty. 

my mom flinched at my sudden outburst but immediately picked herself up and excused" the both of us. we went to the only quiet place in the house. my room. 

"Katherine what the hell was that for?!?! you need to learn how to control your damn tone!" she yelled. I flinched and looked down at our feet.

she began pacing until her eyes landed on a particular book on my desk. she picked it up and dropped it in front of me. I guess she was expecting for me to catch it but it fell to the floor and I got to read the title. 

royal rules. volume 9. 

I groaned at the sight of the 2,300-page book. she began flipping through the pages once she picked it up. 

"page 56! c'mon, Katherine, it's early on! princesses and princes must be able to manage their temper. if not, they're not suited for royalty." she read out. "I don't care how much you hate this book, you're going to read it. understand?"  

I stared at the book before responding. how the hell are there so many rules of royalty...I mean, sure royal life is pretty hard but I never expected there to be thousands on thousands of words on being a princess...

so many rules and I've only actually memorized 2. 

i slowly nodded. 

"great! you are to stay in your room until you read it all!" before I got to protest she walked out of the room and left me there. 

I didn't even wanna be at that party. just gives me more of an excuse to leave. 

662 words. 

TYSM FOR 7.9K READS!! TYSM TO ANYONE WHO READS THIS IDK HOW YOU PUT UP WITH MY SHITTY WRITING BUT JUST LYK IF U WANNA FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER MY USERNAME IIS @heyoceanfanboy AND U SHOUULD FOLLOW ME!!!

IS THERE ANYONE WHO LIKES HAMILTON!?????? I RLLLYYY LOVE IT. BUT FUCK ALEXANDER HAMITLON.