the capturing of a flag

Something about Maisie, she was a good dreamer

Not dreamer like 'follow your dreams' or whatever.

Dreaming dreaming.

She was good at it.

Was dreaming a talent?

Maisie counted it as one.

On nights her insomnia didn't fully disrupt her sleep, she always experienced vivid, realistic feeling dreams. She enjoyed this most of the time. When it was a fun dream that involved something like flying or super speed. Even the occasional zombie apocalypse dream had been an exciting thrill.

However, this would not always serve to be a good thing. Specifically now that she was having more nightmares. Of course, the leading role had been casted to 'bull-man.'

They felt so real. As if she had actually been there, fighting the monster again. Only this time he had grown another 5 feet and had battle armor on.

Point is, Maisie woke up this particular day, still feeling tired, despite the 6 hours of sleep she'd gotten the previous night.

And Friday was not the day to be tired.

Because it was Capture the Flag day. And Maisie was really just hoping that she performed decently.

The last few days, and Percy her pretty much tried every activity. Some had gone better than others.

They started with reading ancient greek with Annabeth. And for once in his life, Percy felt like a genius when it came to reading. He couldn't read it very well, not well at all actually, but he could certainly read the greek characters better than Maisie. When Maisie asked why this was, (Percy said it was because she sucked) but Annabeth said it was because she had gotten too used to reading in English. Percy, who never read English, because of his dyslexia, was still hardwired to read ancient greek. Whereas Maisie had somewhat reworked her brain when she was constantly practicing reading English.

So, Annabeth suggested that she stop reading English literature.

Maisie responded saying, "Only if you can find me 'Little Women' written in Ancient Greek."

Next was archery. Maisie was alright at it. Her form was sloppy and it took her a long time to aim, had she been in a battle she probably would have been dead by then, but she did manage to hit the target.

Only thing Percy managed to hit was Chiron's tail.

Foot-racing was not something Maisie was excited for. It wasn't that she was awful at it. "Just don't like it," she told Percy when they were lining up to race.

"Afraid I'll beat you?" Percy challenged.

"No," Maisie said plainly. "I beat you in the mile run."