oh shitz, i forgot about gravity

"Are you sure this is the best idea?" Percy said to Annabeth as they walked along the sidewalk

"Are you sure this is the best idea?" Percy said to Annabeth as they walked along the sidewalk. Rachel was leading a ways ahead, while Maisie and James trailed behind. Maisie walking with her hands behind her back, nodding at whatever elaborate story James was explaining to her.

Annabeth raised an eyebrow. "This was your plan."

Percy rolled his eyes. This was most definitely not what he had in mind. He looked back at the pair behind them. "Has Mae ever mentioned him to you?"

"No," she shrugged, "But that might just be because she didn't want to tell me she told a mortal about half-bloods."

"But why wouldn't she tell me?" Maisie was literally there when Percy exposed their lifestyle to Rachel. Wouldn't that have been the perfect time to say something like 'same dude!'

"Maybe they're not that close."

"You sure?"

"No."

Percy grumbled and kicked at a rock in the pavement.

"He seems competent," Annabeth said, like that was the best compliment she could come up with.

"I don't know."

"Of course you don't."

"What kind of name is James Micheal? Who has a first name as a last name?"

"Percy Jackson. Annabeth Chase," she drew out. "We have no room to talk."

Percy ignored her and stole another glance behind him.

"You're staring," Annabeth said.

"Am not."

Annabeth patted his shoulder in mock sympathy. "I'll do you a favor." She stepped on the back of his shoe, giving him a flat tire, and continued a fast pace, leaving Percy behind while he hopped on one foot.

Maisie ran into his back. "Forget how to walk there?"

"My shoe fell off," Percy explained, as he jumped in place trying to put his heel back in his sneaker.

"Tie your shoes?" Maisie suggested.

Percy purposely stepped on her shoelace in retaliation, untying her shoe.

"Percy!" Maisie complained, as she retied her red converse. "Sheesh, Mt. St. Helen's didn't blow off this much steam."

Then she covered her mouth. "Sorry. Is it too early to joke about that?"

Percy tried not to smile. "I asked if it looked cool or not."

"Oh right."

"Mt. St Helen's? That was all over the news. That was you guys?" James asked, as he waiting for the two to fix their footwear.

"Yeah," said Percy, "I got shot out of a volcano, while Mae got shot to Texas."

"...Oh," James said. "Sounds like Maisie won the lottery on that one."