don't be suspicious, dOn'T bE sUspIciOuS

The least the Oracle could've done was walk back to the attic by herself

The least the Oracle could've done was walk back to the attic by herself. Instead, Grover and Percy were elected to carry her. Percy didn't figure that was because they were the most popular.

Maisie offered to help, considering Percy was just struck by lighting, curtesy of Thalia.

But Grover said, "That's okay, Maisie."

"It's fine, Mae," Percy added.

"Let the boys do it, Molly," Mr. D yawned.

So Maisie just commentated while Grover and Percy carried the Oracle like a wooden plank or a football or something, and started to haul her back into the attic.

"They're at the 20! The 10!"

"Watch her head!" Grover warned as they went up the stairs. But it was too late.

Bonk! Percy whacked her mummified face against the trapdoor frame and dust flew.

"Ah, man." Percy set her down and checked for damage. "Did I break anything?"

"I can't tell," Grover admitted.

Maisie waved a hand in front of the Oracle's face. "I think she's fine."

They hauled her up and set her on her tripod stool, both of the boys huffing and sweating. Who knew a mummy could weigh so much?

"Well," Grover said, "that was gross."

Percy knew he was trying to keep things light for his sake, but he still felt really down. The whole camp would be mad at him for losing the game to the Hunters.

Maisie didn't really care about the game. But she was concerned about this new prophecy. It was like the spirit of Delphi had gone out of her way to exclude Percy and herself. She'd ignored Maisie when she tried to ask it a question and instead walked half a mile to talk to Zoe.

"What will Chiron do?" Percy asked Grover.

"I wish I knew." He looked wistfully out the second-floor window at the rolling hills covered in snow. "I want to be out there."

"Searching for Annabeth? Me too," Maisie said.

Grover had a look of realization. Then he blushed. "Oh, right. That too. Of course."

"Why?" Percy asked. "What were you thinking?"

He clopped his hooves uneasily. "Just something the manticore said, about the Great Stirring. I can't help but wonder...if all those ancient powers are waking up, maybe...maybe not all of them are evil."

"You mean Pan."

Maisie felt kind of selfish, because she's totally forgotten about Grover's life ambition. This year, with Chiron putting all the satyrs on emergency duty to find half-bloods, Grover hadn't been able to continue his search. It must've been driving him nuts.