air trip

TW: people on fire...?

PLZZ IDK I JUST FEEL LIKE I SHOULD PUT A TW😭

The thing about flying on a pegasus during the daytime is that if you're not careful, you can cause a serious traffic accident on the Long Island Expressway

The thing about flying on a pegasus during the daytime is that if you're not careful, you can cause a serious traffic accident on the Long Island Expressway. Percy had to keep Blackjack up in the clouds, which were, fortunately, pretty low in the winter.

Maisie stretched out her hand to try and grab the fluffy looking cloud. She was disappointed when she realized that cartoons had lied to her. You couldn't hold a cloud in your hand like cotton candy.

"I have to tell you something," Percy said. "But I can tell you later. We should focus on keeping track of the van."

"Uhm, you can't just say that and then say 'I'll tell you later," Maisie said.

"But it can wait til later," Percy argued. "I already know what know how you're going to respond to it."

"Maybe I'll surprise you," Maisie said.

Percy just craned his neck, searching for the van.

"Percy, tell me now or I'll throw up."

Percy snorted. "Fine." He told Maisie about what Chiron had said to him. About how she specifically shouldn't be on this quest.

"Okay well I don't think Hypnos would kill me," Maisie said, "And I refuse to die in a desert, sooo I think I'm good."

"See? I already knew how you'd respond."

"Yeah. That was pretty pointless info you just revealed."

"I wouldn't call it 'pointless,'" Percy muttered. "We'll just have to be careful, that's all."

"We're always careful!"

"Definitely!" Percy agreed.

They darted around, trying to keep the white Camp Half-Blood van in sight. And if it was cold on the ground, it was seriously cold in the air, with icy rain stinging Percy's skin.

He was surprised when he didn't feel Maisie shivering behind him. Sure, he was kinda acting as a human shield for her, but even her arms, which were in front of him, didn't seem to be as cold as his own.

The side of Maisie's head fell against Percy's back. She stifled a yawn.

Percy turned back slightly and quirked an eyebrow at her. "Are you tired?"

"Yeah," Maisie mumbled, her cheek pressed against Percy's shoulder blade. "It's weird. Usually it takes a few days without sleep for me to feel this tired."

It was like her mind was inviting her to sleep. Dreams were calling to her.

Waiting for her.

It was almost suspicious.