percy and maisie shoot eachother

They made it a hundred feet before they were hopelessly lost

The tunnel looked nothing like the one Maisie and Percy had stumbled into before. Now it was round like a sewer, constructed of red brick with iron-barred portholes every ten feet.

Maisie didn't like the enclosed space. It made the air feel to heavy to breath. But she decided to pretend she was a mutant ninja turtle with sewer esc tunnels they were in. The thought made her feel better.

Percy shined a light through one of the portholes out of curiosity, but couldn't see anything. It opened into infinite darkness. He thought he heard voices on the other side, but it may have been just the cold wind.

Annabeth tried her best to guide. She had this idea that they should stick to the left wall. "If we keep one hand on the left wall and follow it," she said, "we should be able to find our way out again by reversing course."

"Like in Minecraft," Percy nodded.

Everyone looked at him.

"...Like how you place torches on one side of the wall, so you can find your way out?"

No response.

"Oh c'mon!" Percy complained. "Seriously, no one knows what I'm talking about?"

"Literally, no." Grover said flatly.

"We do not have torches, brother," Tyson scratched his head in confusion.

Percy pointed at Maisie. "I know you know what I'm talking about."

"I've never played Minecraft," she admitted. She wasn't even sure her grandmothers owned a computer. Her grandma Barbara typed her book on a typewriter for crying out loud.

"Mae, we have to play Minecra—"

"Can everyone shut up about Minecraft!" Annabeth said. "Let's just keep moving."

Unfortunately, as soon as she said that, the left wall disappeared. They found themselves in the middle of a circular chamber with eight tunnels leading out, and no idea how they'd gotten there.

"Um, which way did we come in?" Grover said nervously.

"Just turn around," Annabeth said.

They each turned toward a different tunnel. It was ridiculous. None of them could decide which way led back to camp.

"Left walls are mean," Tyson said. "Which way now?"

Annabeth swept her flashlight beam over the archways of the eight tunnels. As far as Maisie could tell, they were identical. "That way," she said.

"How do you know?" Percy asked.

"Deductive reasoning."

"That's the smart way for saying that you're guessing," Maisie said.