angry birds

Maisie wanted to find Percy after dinner, and ask him about his dreams about Grover again

Maisie wanted to find Percy after dinner, and ask him about his dreams about Grover again. She was really worried for the satyr. But Percy didn't seem to be in the mood to talk. After Tyson was claimed, he trudged off towards his cabin, reluctantly helping him move in.

So Maisie sat with Travis and Connor near the campfire, as most of the other campers headed off towards their cabins for bed. Maisie enjoyed talking to them. Because they never wanted to talk about the obvious or impending dooms that were occurring. With everything that had gone down that day, she enjoyed having that sense of normalcy.

Someone tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around on her log to see 10 year old Will Solace, son of Apollo.

"Hi Will," Maisie smiled at him.

"Hi Maisie," He replied. He seemed to be a little hesitant. "Uhm, can I talk to you?" He looked at Travis and Connor and pointed behind him to an empty spot in the pavilion. "Over here?"

Maisie got up and followed him over. "What's up?"

Will wrung his hands together, embarrassed. "Well, see, I've been worried about camp. And whether or not me and the other medics will be able to find a cure for Thalia's tree..."

Maisie waited for him to continue.

"...I've been having nightmares. And uhm, I was wondering if you could help. Travis said you might be able to."

Maisie turned around to send a subtle glare towards the son of Hermes for exposing her more or less secret ability. Travis whistled and turned away from her, trying to act innocent.

It was true that she could relieve other people's nightmares pretty well. She practiced a little bit with Connor and Travis at the end of last summer.

"If you can't, that's okay!" Will assured. "It's just, I've been having them for a week now and..."

Maisie placed a hand on the boy's shoulder before he could get too upset. "Yeah, I can help. I usually don't like to mess with people's dreams. It feels invasive. But if you're asking—"

"I'm asking," Will promised. "I just...want them to stop."

So that night, Maisie had Will lay down on a cot in the Big House, so she wouldn't be seen sneaking into the Apollo Cabin. She couldn't exactly make him fall asleep, it was more so coaxing him, while sending peaceful thoughts into his mind to ward off bad dreams. When Will's sleepy face turned into a smile, she knew it had worked.

She quietly walked back into the Hermes cabin where Travis and Connor were waiting for her.

"We should start a business," Travis said. "'Pay 1 drachma and get rid of your demigod night terrors.'"

"We're not doing that," said Maisie.

"C'mon," Connor said. "Think of the profits! We could—"

"I'm not having sleep deprived kids pay for me to take away their—"