Chapter One: Chae-rin

"What the hell happened here?" I'm standing in the middle of Jungkook's living room, staring at my very wasted best friend. "I thought you guys said it was going to be a chill evening!"

"It was!" Jungkook laughs. "And then, all hell broke loose."

"Why is that?" I peer down to Namjoon's face and he's mumbling things but so incoherently. "How much did you guys drink?"

"You don't know what happened?" Jungkook raises his eyebrow. "Really?"

"Does it look like I do?" I shoot right back. "Joon, wake up." I shake his shoulder lightly. "Joon." He grunts but keeps his head down. I roll my eyes and sigh. "Why can't he just sleep here? You're the reason why-"

"No. It was not me that started drinking that much. As you can tell, I am still pretty sober." He laughs. "It was all Namjoon hyung."

"Can you just tell me what happened? I'm tired, Kook. I just want to go home and sleep." I roll my eyes.

"Ae-ra broke up with him," he replies. "And Namjoon hyung kind of just blurted it out after a few drinks." Jungkook shrugs his shoulders. "He can't stay here because my parents are coming tomorrow. Early."

Oh my god. Ae-ra broke up with Namjoon? Holy shit... I can't believe it. I am actually in shock. They've been together for almost two years now. I'm actually at a loss of words right now. Anyone could tell that Namjoon was in love with her and she loved him right back. He was willing to give her anything and everything he could in life.

"Kook, you know I-"

"Ae-ra is gone!" The first coherent words out of Namjoon's mouth spill out, as he lifts his head off the table. "Why?" Both Jungkook and I turn to look at our heartbroken friend who is staring at me with his sad, broken eyes. "She broke up with me," his voice quiet, strained.

"Joon," I sigh.

"Just, I don't understand why," he mumbles. "I don't get her. We were fine! We were fine and then she just, what? She changed her mind so fast!"

"It's been two months," Jungkook murmurs to me.

I let out a gasp at the fact that Namjoon has been like this for so long and I'm only finding out now... God, I feel horrible. I just figured that he was busy and that's why he hadn't been responding to the very minimal text messages that I sent him. The thing is, though Namjoon and I are best friends, we don't talk all the time nor do we see each other all the time.

It's hard when he's dating. I don't want to overstep and so I was being respectful to him and Ae-ra. I know that I would hate if my boyfriend was always talking to his best friend instead of hanging out with me. I think he also thought the same thing because though we still saw each other occasionally, there were boundaries created and we both always understood.

"Chae-rin," Namjoon calls me.

I sit beside him and hum a response. "What's up, Joon?"

"I want to go home," he mumbles. His eyes are rimmed red along with his nose. I can tell he's been crying, though it's rare for me to actually see him in the act. The entire ten plus years that I've known Namjoon, I've seen him cry maybe five or six times. "Please?"

My heart twists, seeing the pain he is in. I push away the hairs from his forehead and nod. "Okay, let's go home," I reply, with a soft smile. I stand up and turn to Jungkook. "Can you at least help me get him to the car?"

"That I can do," he nods. "I'm sorry, Chae-rin. I would let him sleep here but I know that my parents will be here tomorrow pretty early and they're going to-"