Chapter Seventeen: Namjoon

I'm only teasing her. I don't really want to nap right now, but I like to get her all flustered. It's fun seeing her squirm. "Okay, let's go get-" The words stop as I see Ae-ra stepping out of a car with Jimin. She's here... I mean, I kind of figured she would be here, but still.

"Joon?" Chae-rin waves her hand in front of me and then turns to where my sight is at. "Oh. Are you okay?" She places her hand on my shoulder.

I clear my throat and nod. "Yeah, I think so."

She wraps her hand around mine and pulls me to the table of food. "Let's just find something to eat and I think you'll be okay."

Do I give the same look to Chae-rin that I do with Ae-ra? Jin hyung said I give off this look and glow when I see Chae-rin but what kind of look is it? Has Ae-ra ever noticed it? Is that why...she broke up with me? Was I really the reason why she broke up with me? My friendship with Chae-rin? Ae-ra turns and her eyes lock with mine. I want to look away, but she gives me a soft smile and waves at me instead. What am I supposed to do? Ignore her? No, I don't. I wave back, returning the smile instead.

I finally turn to my left, where Chae-rin is, except she's not standing there anymore. I look around and she's sitting around the unlit firepit, next to Taehyung, Hoseok, and Eun-ha. She has her plate of food already and she's laughing with them. Did she notice me staring at Ae-ra and that's why she ditched me in my spot? Well, at least she's having fun. I let out a small smile, shaking my head as I watch Chae-rin complain when she drops her sausage onto the ground.

"There's that glow I was talking about," Jin says beside me.

I snap my head to him and laugh. "What glow is this? What does it look like? Do I do it with just her or have you seen me have it with my previous girlfriends?"

"Hm," he thinks for a while. "I feel like it's only used with Chae-rin... It's a look of endearment and love, but also something else. I can't figure it out, but you do it when you see her. Even before she was your girlfriend, when she was just your best friend." He shrugs. "Maybe you've always been in love with her."

I choke on my own spit and clear my throat. "In love?"

"Well, you already love her, don't you?"

"I mean, yeah, she's my best friend. I love her as my best friend," I explain. "But in love? I don't think so."

"Okay," Jin shrugs. "Maybe I'm the one seeing it wrong."

"Hyung, it's just a little early for that kind of talk. We've only been dating for a month and a half," I tell him. I have been fighting the urge to ask Jin this, but I can't hold it in any longer. "Uh, did I ever have this glow with Ae-ra?"

Jin actually turns his head to look at me, furrowing his eyebrows before answering. "Honestly? You did, but again, it was just different. I could tell you loved Ae-ra, but there was just something missing." Again, he shrugs and lets out a small laugh. "It's a good thing that you're with Chae-rin, now."

"Yeah," I nod. "It's a good thing." I let out a small smile. "Thanks, hyung."

"Why is Yoongi always sleeping? Jesus," Jin laughs, shaking his head. "Excuse me, I'm going to wake his ass up. He's going to help me cook dinner!"

I laugh and make my way to where Chae-rin is sitting. She looks up at me and gives me a smile, waving. Why is she so cute for? Hold on, did I just think that? I mean, yeah, I guess sometimes I think that... Right? What the hell is going on with me? Freaking Jin has messed with my mind!

"Sorry that I ditched you," she says only loud enough for me to hear when I sit down next to her. "You just seemed so lost in thought."

"It's okay," I answer.