Chapter Sixteen: Chae-rin

"Want to play a round of chicken fight?" Jungkook bumps into me playfully as he walks by me into the water.

"Who's playing?"

"Soo-young and Jin hyung," he answers before he immerses his entire body under water. He pops up quickly and lets out a loud "Brr! That's refreshing."

I laugh and stand by the shore, letting my legs get acclimated to the water. "Maybe in a bit," I tell him. "I'm just going to stay here for a little longer."

"Chae-rin!" Eun-ha says a few feet away from me. "Hurry and get inside!" She's splashing Taehyung right now and he's splashing her right back. "I need help!" I know she is loving this. Her big fat crush on Taehyung is being filled with this interaction.

"I will," I shout. "Give me-" I yelp as I feel strong arms lift me by my waist, scooping me into their arms.

"Hey baby," Namjoon grins. "Let's go."

"Wait! Wait! I was just going to-"

"You would take all day then," he laughs. He takes quick steps into the water, getting deeper. "This way, you can enjoy it with all of us."

There's a hidden smirk and deviousness in his eyes. "Kim Namjoon, I swear to god if you drop me into the water, I will murder you in your sleep!" My arms cling around his neck tightly, knowing that's exactly what he has planned.

His laugh is light and playful. "Chae-rin, give me more credit than that. I wouldn't drop you into the water."

"No?" I raise my brow.

"No," he reassures me. "I'd do this."

And then, we are both submerged under the water. It's only for a second, but the cold water hits my skin, giving me goosebumps. Luckily, I had the sense to close my mouth and somehow hold my breath long enough before we come back to the surface for some air.

My mouth opens and I glare at him, pushing myself away from him as he sets me down. "Joon!" I wipe my face with my hands and that's when I notice him... His pecs and his ridged abs are so defined... His trunks sit on his waist, but there's a small V line. Damn, he looks good. Snap out of it!

"I told you I wouldn't drop you," he grins. "I didn't say I wasn't going to-" I cut him off by splashing water at his face. When he opens his eyes again, I stick my tongue out at him teasingly and he snorts. "Wow, it's on."

Before he can yank me toward him again, I dodge by moving behind Jungkook, who happens to be standing by. "Ha! You missed!" The water reaches maybe two inches underneath my boobs. It's basically deep enough for me to swim away and make my way to Eun-ha.

Out of all of us, I am the shortest. I don't think I'm that short, especially when I'm around my family, but when I'm with my friends, I definitely feel the shortest. Eun-ha is at least three or four inches taller than me. And then, of course, the guys are all tall. Namjoon is the tallest out of everyone.

"You guys are cute," Eun-ha notes when I reach her. "I watched that whole interaction. You guys make me feel too single."

I laugh and shake my head. "I saw you flirting with Taehyung," I say. "Are you planning on making a move any time soon?"

"I don't know," she shrugs. "Maybe...but probably not. I don't want it to be weird between us."

"Eun-ha, just...I don't know, work your charm and see if he falls for it. I'll help you."

"How are you going to help me?"

"I don't know yet, but I'll think of something. Oh! I know! We can play chicken fight. You can be his partner." I wink at her playfully.