Chapter Fifteen: Namjoon

"Good morning sunshine!" I greet Chae-rin as soon as I pull up to her apartment. She's standing outside, her duffel bag on the ground, her hair in a messy top bun, her body covered in her huge maroon sweater and black sweatpants, and of course, her travel crocs. So, it looks she's going to be sleeping the duration of this drive. "You look-"

"Leave me alone," she mumbles as I grab her duffel bag.

"I always forget how grouchy you are when you don't get enough sleep," I laugh.

"Namjoon, I swear to god if you-"

"Okay! Okay, I'm sorry." I give her a quick kiss on the lips to shut her up. "I'm sorry. I will leave you alone."

Her eyes are wide but she doesn't say anything. She sits in the passenger side while I slip over to the driver's seat. I get why she's grouchy. She had class yesterday and then had to work a night shift right after. She got off around two in the morning, had maybe...three or four hours of sleep and now she's in my car at six in the morning.

"I got you some coffee," I say quietly. "And a breakfast sandwich."

"Thanks," she says. "But I'm just going to sleep for a little longer. We're not picking anyone up, right?"

"No, just us," I reply.

"Okay."

I turn on some music, letting it fill the silence while we make our way out four hours from Seoul. Taehyung, Jungkook and Eun-ha are traveling together. Hoseok and Yoongi are going to leave around noon. I'm not sure if Jimin and Ae-ra are going to come...but given that she is best friends with Soo-young, Jin's fiancée, I'm going to say yes. There are few other people coming, some of Soo-young's friends and Jin's other friends too, but I've only met them a handful of times.

I didn't expect her to sleep almost three hours. She must've been so tired. She didn't even notice when I had stopped for gas and left her to grab some snacks. Finally, though, I see her stirring in her seat and her eyes slowly blink open. She stretches and lets out a yawn, staring at me. She looks so confused and out of it, it's funny. I let out a small chuckle and she rubs her eyes, scanning her surrounding out of the window.

"How long have we've been driving for?" Her voice is raspy. "Where are we?"

"We've been on the road for almost three hours now," I reply. "Are you thirsty? I have some water in that bag by your feet."

She nods and pulls out a water bottle. "Are we almost there?" She takes a gulp of water. "Not that I should be complaining... I slept the entire time."

"An hour left," I say. "You were really exhausted, huh?"

"Yeah," she nods. "Yesterday was my last exam for school. I'm just so glad to be finally done." There's excitement in her voice and I can see that she is brimming with pride. "I'm done with school!"

"I'm so proud of you," I tell her. "I can't wait for your graduation."

"Me too," she grins. "Though, I still have to take my boards, but I have a while before I have to be fully board certified."

"You are doing amazing things." I reach for her hand and hold it, stroking it with my thumb. "I really am proud of you."

"Thanks, Joon. I'm excited to finally tell people that I'm a doctor," she laughs. "Wow," she muses when she sees all the green trees around us. "I forget how much beauty Korea has. We get stuck in the city too much."

"We do," I agree. "That's why it's good to go out into nature every once in a while."

"Yeah, okay," she nods.